Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Solved] Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

Thanks a ton man! Works with my apple BT keyboard on a P8P67 - 2500k - 5770 - 8GB build.

appreciate the hard work getting this working for all of us!

Thanks DrCrack, great job.
Tried stereo audio streaming and it works better than in Windows!

ajg0r said:
Awesome,... good thinking, Drcrack. Thank you, it installs OK and System Profiler gives the correct info. However, after successful pairing with my phone the connection drops quickly (2-3 seconds). I can't make the connection plug'n'play either.

Can you try the same under Windows? It may actually upload different firmware (mine taken from Linux).

Myself I have short mouse freezes (1-3 sec) when working with Magic Mouse, but I think it's the same under Windows... Need to test more to be sure.

For those experiencing any problems, please test your connection under Windows first, then do warm reboot into Mac OS and see whether it works any better than with a cold starting in Mac OS. If Windows has uploaded the firmware first, my uploader will just not detect the device and won't do anything, so you can test with whatever firmware uploaded by Windows drivers.

You can check with Applications/Utilities/Console whether firmware was uploaded: it will display under local.ath3k-firmware-uploader either "Uploading firmware...[]...done!" (exit code will be non-zero and it's normal) or "Atheros 3011 not found", in the latter case it means the device was already claimed by Mac OS and is in normal working state.

Are there instructions to completely remove this install? I'd like to try again.

There's really no point in reinstalling, if it works, it works; there's really nothing that can go "slightly" wrong. However, if you want to remove, do this:

Run Terminal, and type (carefully, you will be working with admin rights):

Code:
sudo rm -rf /Extra/ath3k-firmware-uploader/
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist
sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist

drcrack said:
ajg0r said:
Awesome,... good thinking, Drcrack. Thank you, it installs OK and System Profiler gives the correct info. However, after successful pairing with my phone the connection drops quickly (2-3 seconds). I can't make the connection plug'n'play either.

Can you try the same under Windows? It may actually upload different firmware (mine taken from Linux).

Myself I have short mouse freezes (1-3 sec) when working with Magic Mouse, but I think it's the same under Windows... Need to test more to be sure.

For those experiencing any problems, please test your connection under Windows first, then do warm reboot into Mac OS and see whether it works any better than with a cold starting in Mac OS. If Windows has uploaded the firmware first, my uploader will just not detect the device and won't do anything, so you can test with whatever firmware uploaded by Windows drivers.

You can check with Applications/Utilities/Console whether firmware was uploaded: it will display under local.ath3k-firmware-uploader either "Uploading firmware...[]...done!" (exit code will be non-zero and it's normal) or "Atheros 3011 not found", in the latter case it means the device was already claimed by Mac OS and is in normal working state.

Are there instructions to completely remove this install? I'd like to try again.

There's really no point in reinstalling, if it works, it works; there's really nothing that can go "slightly" wrong. However, if you want to remove, do this:

Run Terminal, and type (carefully, you will be working with admin rights):

Code:
sudo rm -rf /Extra/ath3k-firmware-uploader/
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist
sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist

Thank you, DrCrack, you gave me an idea.

I have updated your AR3011 Mac driver package with a new firmware that I managed to extract from my Windows 7 install. I believe that firmware is the newest one and is not the same as in the original archive. I installed it and it works. Still not as good as in the Win7 install, but close (I may be guilty for a few BT config errors committed before I found this thread). The firmware is identical for 32 and 64 bit operating systems.

Please have a look, hopefully it'll be more stable for some. Installs exactly the same as yours.

Now, the sleep problem is the last obstacle on the road to my 100% working Hackintosh.

Cheers

Attachments

• ath3k-firmware-uploader-V2.tar.gz
    184.8 KB · Views: 1,304

ajg0r said:

I have updated your AR3011 Mac driver package with a new firmware that I managed to extract from my Windows 7 install. I believe that firmware is the newest one and is not the same as in the original archive. I installed it and it works. Still not as good as in the Win7 install, but close (I may be guilty for a few BT config errors committed before I found this thread). The firmware is identical for 32 and 64 bit operating systems.

Please have a look, hopefully it'll be more stable for some. Installs exactly the same as yours.

Now, the sleep problem is the last obstacle on the road to my 100% working Hackintosh.
Cheers

Thank you! I updated 1st post.
Is it the firmware you extracted that comes on driver disk with P8P67 motherboard?

I don't have the Profiler screen for the previous firmware, but the latest one looks like this, and is 100% stable so far (no more connection dropouts after a couple of seconds).

Sending audio via Bluetooth still doesn't work (which works fine under Win7Ult64).

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.4.0f1
Hardware Settings:
Address: 00-26-83-14-67-11
Manufacturer: Unknown
Name: Mek’s MacBook Pro
Firmware Version: 5.39321 (5.39321)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Yes
Vendor ID: 0
Product ID: 0x1
HCI Version: 5 (0x5)
HCI Revision: 39321 (0x9999)
LMP Version: 5 (0x5)
LMP Subversion: 39321 (0x9999)
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Macintosh Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 3801348 (0x3a0104)
Device Class (Major): 1 (0x1)
Device Class (Minor): 1 (0x1)
Service Class: 464 (0x1d0)
Requires Authentication: No
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
Requires Authentication: Yes
State: Enabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Ask
When PIM items are accepted: Ask
When receiving items: Prompt for each file
State: Enabled
Devices (Paired, Favorites, etc):
Device:
Name: Kahuna
Address: 6c-9b-02-a8-ed-a9
Type: Mobile Phone
Firmware Version: 0000
Services: OBEX Object Push, SyncML Client, Media Player, Voice Gateway, Dial-up networking, Phonebook Access PSE, Network Access Point Service, Music-Player, COM 1, OBEX File Transfer, Nokia SyncML Server, Media Player, Audio Gateway, SIM ACCESS, Nokia PC Suite
Paired: Yes
Favorite: Yes
Connected: No
Manufacturer: Unknown (0x4, 0x191f)
Vendor ID: 0x01
Product ID: 0xd9
Incoming Serial Ports:
Serial Port 1:
Name: SerialPort
RFCOMM Channel: 3
Serial Port 2:
Name: Bluetooth-PDA-Sync
RFCOMM Channel: 1
Outgoing Serial Ports:
Serial Port 1:
Address: 6C-9B-02-A8-ED-A9
Name: Bluetooth-Modem
RFCOMM Channel: 1
Serial Port 2:
Address: 6C-9B-02-A8-ED-A9
Name: Kahuna-COM1
RFCOMM Channel: 3

drcrack said:
ajg0r said:

Cheers

Is it the firmware you extracted that comes on driver disk with P8P67 motherboard?

No, the driver was downloaded from the Asus site.

ajg0r said:
drcrack said:

No, the driver was downloaded from the Asus site.

Ah, ok, that should be as fresh as we can get. Thank you, nice job! :thumbup:
I will test it in the evening whether new firmware has fixed my Magic mouse freezes.

Hi,

I have the Deluxe model and I installed the V2 Driver and the bluetooth seems like its working and hard ware profiler sees it and the devices see eachother but they just fail to handshake and make a connection for some reason..

Thanks anyhow.

davidm71 said:
Hi,

I have the Deluxe model and I installed the V2 Driver and the bluetooth seems like its working and hard ware profiler sees it and the devices see eachother but they just fail to handshake and make a connection for some reason..

Thanks anyhow.

Where can I find the V2 Driver?

Rg,

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back