Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

Finally, here's a usable program to enable bluetooth on P8P67.

How to install:
1) Download
2) Run terminal and change dir to your Downloads directory:

cd ~/Downloads

3) Unpack

tar zxf ath3k-firmware-uploader.tgz

4) Go to unpacked directory

cd ath3k-firmware-uploader

5) Install (will require admin rights)

sudo ./install

6) Shutdown, do power-off, power-on, and enjoy native bluetooth right from the start :)

This package installs to /Extra/ath3k-firmware-uploader, also it installs launchctl config to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist and registers it with launchctl.

Feedback and testing on other P8P67 modifications (Pro, Deluxe) is welcome.

Attachments

• ath3k-firmware-uploader.tgz
    184.4 KB · Views: 770
Re: [Solved] Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

Amazing!

I cannot test because I havent got my new parts, but I think you're doing a great job here. :thumbup:

Re: Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

drcrack said:
Finally, here's a usable program to enable bluetooth on P8P67.

How to install:
1) Download

cd ~/Downloads

3) Unpack

sudo ./install

6) Shutdown, do power-off, power-on, and enjoy native bluetooth right from the start :)

This package installs to /Extra/ath3k-firmware-uploader, also it installs launchctl config to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist and registers it with launchctl.

Feedback and testing on other P8P67 modifications (Pro, Deluxe) is welcome.

Great work dude, was keeping an eye on your progress. Great to see someone tackle the issue head on until solved :¬)

Tested on a P8P67 Deluxe, and works fine :) Good work.

Working perfectly on my P8P67 Pro Rev. B3
Only small problem is I sometimes get a small slow down in either my Magic Mouse (Bluetooth) or Apple Bluetooth Keyboard when using both (I never have this when using them with my Macbook Pro), though it is much better than the £1 bluetooth dongle I was using, I could only have one connected at a time!

Very awesome!!! I'll have to give this a try when i get home. Does wake from sleep work with either the apple keyboard or mouse? and does the keyboard and mouse work in the bootloader?

pangpang said:
Very awesome!!! I'll have to give this a try when i get home. Does wake from sleep work with either the apple keyboard or mouse? and does the keyboard and mouse work in the bootloader?

I don't have sleep working for reasons unrelated to bluetooth (I guess nobody has sleep working properly on P8P67); my apple mouse works, and people reported it working together with Apple keyboard (though with some slowdowns); wireless keyboard and mouse don't work in bootloader.

drcrack said:
UPDATED Apr 27, 2011

Here's a binary package to enable bluetooth on P8P67 boards (sources are available below in this thread).

How to install:
1) Download

cd ~/Downloads

3) Unpack

sudo ./install

6) Shutdown, do power-off, power-on, and enjoy native bluetooth right from the start

Feedback and testing on other P8P67 modifications (Pro, Deluxe) is welcome. :)

Can confirm that it works with The Asus p8p67 deluxe version.
Thanks alot for your effort!!

Ps. If you have the time and feeling it would be awesome to have it as a kext file.

Awesome,... good thinking, Drcrack. Thank you, it installs OK and System Profiler gives the correct info. However, after successful pairing with my phone the connection drops quickly (2-3 seconds). I can't make the connection plug'n'play either.

Are there instructions to completely remove this install? I'd like to try again. Everything else, apart from sleep and Bluetooth, seems fine. The analogue sound bit works even better than under Win7Ult64 (no random noises when there is no signal).

OSX 10.6.7 fully updated, Darwin 10.7.3, Asus P8P67 Pro B3, i7 [email protected], offset voltage 0.055, SpeedStep enabled, 8GB DDR3 1600 XMP, GTX 470 dual screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back