Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Re: [Solved] Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

I've tested it a little bit under Windows 7 and Linux, and though I can't say whether freezes happen any less frequently than in OS X or not, I can confirm that with my setup similar freezes do happen regardless of the OS. Windows 7 was cold-booted, and I have Apple Bootcamp drivers for Magic Mouse installed.
At the same time I have another BT dongle (very old one), which doesn't have any problems with MM in either OS.
So it looks like onboard BT itself works bad with Magic Mouse, regardless of the firmware.

Bottomline: if you're experiencing problems with P8P67 built-in bluetooth and Magic Mouse using this firmware uploader, just get another proven BT dongle and disable internal bluetooth in BIOS. You don't even have to uninstall firmware uploader -- it won't "see" your other dongle, unless it's ASUS BT-211 which is literally the same chip, and therefore can't be recommended as a replacement :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

drcrack said:
I've tested it a little bit under Windows 7 and Linux, and though I can't say whether freezes happen any less frequently than in OS X or not, I can confirm that with my setup similar freezes do happen regardless of the OS. Windows 7 was cold-booted, and I have Apple Bootcamp drivers for Magic Mouse installed.
At the same time I have another BT dongle (very old one), which doesn't have any problems with MM in either OS.
So it looks like onboard BT itself works bad with Magic Mouse, regardless of the firmware.

Bottomline: if you're experiencing problems with P8P67 built-in bluetooth and Magic Mouse using this firmware uploader, just get another proven BT dongle and disable internal bluetooth in BIOS. You don't even have to uninstall firmware uploader -- it won't "see" your other dongle, unless it's ASUS BT-211 which is literally the same chip, and therefore can't be recommended as a replacement :)

Can you recommend a replacement? I got the "Sabrent" one that seemed to be supported (got the exact Fry's product number that was linked in the Wiki), and OSX didn't recognize it at all (after disabling the on-board bluetooth in the BIOS).

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Thank you for that! I'll try it tonight!

EDIT: Mystery solved. The ASUS P8P67-M Pro doesn't have Bluetooth onboard!

My little cheap BT thing doesn't work, hence, my issues. I need to buy a BT thingy now.

EDIT II: D-Link DWL-120 works perfectly with the Magic Mouse.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

I wish I waited, as those are tiny and cheap on Ebay. I spent a bit more, but I really liked the compact size. Oh, well the D-Link performs really well.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

TooSixy said:
I bought the Best Buy's Rocketfish Bluetooth mini dongle on eBay for $4.99 and it works perfectly. You don't even need any kext or drivers. It recognizes the Magic Mouse, Wireless Keyboard, and Trackpad and no glitches whatsoever.

Strongly recommend if you don't want to mess with the kext files.

Does that one work in the bios/chameleon?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

mjgunn said:
Does that one work in the bios/chameleon?

BIOS nor Chameleon do not support BT keyboard or mouse, regardless of Bluetooth chip manufacturer.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Does the D-Link and Best Buy BT dongles show a checkable box for "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" in the System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced window?

Motherboard
ASUS P8P67, 2x 2GB DDR3 1333 MHz, OS X Lion 10.8.3 via Clover
CPU
Intel Core i5-2400
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Yeah, it working!
I did it with page 1 post 1 and archive on page 3 post 5 :D

Motherboard
Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

As an FYI bought the IOgear mini BT dongle from B&H for 12.00. Works great oob.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Thanks for your guide, bluetooth on my P8P67Deluxe work perfect with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.