3.41 ghz intel core i7
Graphics
gtx 260
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:D thank you the driver works great for apple wireless keyboard on os x 10.7.1 lion.
ps. just make sure u do a cold reboot ( turn of pc, then flip the power switch and wait 10 sec)

Hey guys, we 4530s users are trying to make this work for us. We are close, we are getting this: Unable to claim interface.

That is caused by this. Can we fix this?

Code:
if (libusb_claim_interface(devh, 0) < 0)
      error("Unable to claim interface");

Motherboard
asus sabertooth z77
CPU
intel core i5 3570k
Graphics
saphire hd 7970 vapor-x
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
blueking said:
Hey guys, we 4530s users are trying to make this work for us. We are close, we are getting this: Unable to claim interface.

Code:
I get this error too, when i try to upload firmware for my 3002 adapter.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
BLooD_LorD said:
blueking said:

Code:

I think you need to recompile it with debug info and see in debugger what is the return code. Maybe it's specific to libusb under Mac OS, then possibly it can be rewritten using Mac OS native usb api.
Sorry, I'm not interested in supporting this program anymore as it doesn't work well even for the device it was designed for, and myself I ended up buying Rocketfish dongle. Anyway, you have the source code)

Motherboard
asus sabertooth z77
CPU
intel core i5 3570k
Graphics
saphire hd 7970 vapor-x
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
drcrack said:
BLooD_LorD said:
blueking said:

Code:

I think you need to recompile it with debug info and see in debugger what is the return code. Maybe it's specific to libusb under Mac OS, then possibly it can be rewritten using Mac OS native usb api.
Sorry, I'm not interested in supporting this program anymore as it doesn't work well even for the device it was designed for, and myself I ended up buying Rocketfish dongle. Anyway, you have the source code)
Can u please exactly tell me what does this program do?It's uploading new firmware to the device? or it modifies system files?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
BLooD_LorD said:
Can u please exactly tell me what does this program do?It's uploading new firmware to the device? or it modifies system files?

It's uploading firmware.
Please refer to page 1 of the thread to see what led to development of this program.

Motherboard
Asus p8Z68-v pro
CPU
Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I got the rocketfish bluetooth dongle and all works great, now just trying to decide if it was worth all the trouble for the track pad. :S

Ok, now a side question. warm booting into OSX from windows gets the bluetooth recognized because of flash memory... kk
Does this same idea apply to the network? Because for some reason when I soft boot into win7 after being in OSX I loose my network. The only way to get it back is to do a hard reboot. Anyone else have this issue, any ideas, or fixes? Thanx in advance, and sorry for the pseudo thread jack, just figured this may be sort of related.

Motherboard
HP-4540S
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
drcrack

Thank you for sharing the source. It gave me nice insight into USB world.
I'm not programmer except some experience gain in college. I have some questions though.

1. My compiled binary comes as 10kB. Is it because is using shared libraries? If I share binary with other users, can this cause trouble because they don't have libraries on their system?

2. I would like to use different firmware on our HP 4530s which is based on AR3011 without unneccessary patching.
How can modify code to include something like this

Code:
devh=(libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x0CF3,0x3005) || libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x03F0,0x311D));

I need both VID/PID devices because on cold start it comes as 311D when flashed it changes to 3005 on the fly.
I tried to put || and parethesis in different places, order. enclosing whole block. Compiler always complain that something wrong.
Please advice :(

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
BigDonkey said:
drcrack
1. My compiled binary comes as 10kB. Is it because is using shared libraries? If I share binary with other users, can this cause trouble because they don't have libraries on their system?
Yes, better use static linking.

BigDonkey said:
2. I would like to use different firmware on our HP 4530s which is based on AR3011 without unneccessary patching.
How can modify code to include something like this

Code:
devh=(libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x0CF3,0x3005) || libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x03F0,0x311D));

I need both VID/PID devices because on cold start it comes as 311D when flashed it changes to 3005 on the fly.
I tried to put || and parethesis in different places, order. enclosing whole block. Compiler always complain that something wrong.
Please advice :(

But if it's already flashed, you don't need to do anything, right? So you can just use PID for cold boot. That's how I did it for my device.
If you really need that, you may do it like

Code:
devh= libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x0CF3,0x3005);
if (devh < 0) 
  libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x03F0,0x311D);

Status
Not open for further replies.