Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I heard about lilukext and WhateverGreenkext fixes and my card works without iGPU.

Fortunately, I had the original kext, so I replaced it, fixed the permissions, reboot and ... everything works :)
Many thanks @Gigamaxx, as always can count on you.

Nice, that was quick, glad it worked for you. When you get to High Sierra you'll be amazed if you need or want HDMI or Displayport Audio.

I'm waiting for the High Sierra but I'm a little worried if everything will work, like eg. a new file system. As for Radeon, I've been using Nvidia cards for years, but lately I've had problems with them, so I decided to try AMD cards and so far I'm pretty happy. I mainly deal with photography and graphics, and on Radeon I have better performance and work with applications. Performance in games is a bit smaller, but I do not particularly care about that.

I am always afraid of the new macOS, I have invested in a new computer and I hope I'll still be able to use it together with the High Sierra.

Nice, that was quick, glad it worked for you. When you get to High Sierra you'll be amazed if you need or want HDMI or Displayport Audio.

I'm using High Sierra with HFS mode which is the same as Sierra. You can choose APFS or not there's an option when installing.

Later if you have some money you could buy a 120G SSD and give it a go, you can always revert back with your old disk. I was amazed with HS because of the sound being fixed and the much larger selection of drivers for AMD cards. I have over 10 disks for testing and various builds about 3 per system right now and I can dual boot into HS or Sierra st will with same clover setup.

Hi Dear Community and RX 480 Users

I've been experimenting with various method to omptimise my hackintosh for video Editing Using FCPX V10.3.4 so far I reached the optimum with this method by using: LiluKext and WhateverGreenKext Mac OS 10.12.5. The result very stable and smooth working environment so far.

The method I use as follow:

OS Version
  • MAC OS 10.12.5
EFI Folder:
  • Placed LiluKext and WhateverGreenKext in /Volumes/EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
clover Configuration:
  • Copy Previous configuration (in case of something goes wrong )
  • ACPI FixShutdown
  • Devices Non
  • Graphics Non
  • SMBIOS
Motherbord Bios
  • Graphic = PCIE
Reboot good to go now :)
I will update you with the performance after few days

thanks to everyone
Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 5.19.35 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 5.19.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-20 at 5.46.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 5.47.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 5.47.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 5.47.51 PM.png

Just got my Asus RX480 working with Lilu and Whatevergreen with 10.12.6. Problem is, that Displayport is not working and HDMI is giving out at native 3440x1440 only 50hz which makes screen look kind of bad.

I'll investigate this matter when I've got time. Also Sleep seems to work out of the box 100%, including audio.

Other parts I've got are Asrock Extreme4 Z77, i7 2700k @ 4,6ghz, mixed 16gbs of 1600mhz ram and for audio Asus U7 usb.

Hey, I had the same issue.

After a lot of trying to figure it out, I realized it was my monitor settings. I have a Dell U3415W. I had to turn off the (Displayport 1.2 > Enable) setting and set it to disabled and DisplayPort worked!

Hi,

This may be the wrong place for a Mac Pro 3.1 user but it seems that there is a lot of knowledge around here.

I’m running sierra with a Asus RX 460 2gb oc card. It works straight out of the box inside my mac pro. But:

- final cut pro locks up the whole system except mouse movement
- cinebench R15 show a couple of frames in OpenCL and crashes after that.
- about my mac shows a AMD r9 xxx card and pci information in system report is broken.

Any tips how to fix this?

Last edited:
Hi,

This may be the wrong place for a Mac Pro 3.1 user but it seems that there is a lot of knowledge around here.

I’m running sierra with a Asus RX 460 2gb oc card. It works straight out of the box inside my mac pro. But:

- final cut pro locks up the whole system except mouse movement
- cinebench R15 show a couple of frames in OpenCL and crashes after that.
- about my mac shows a AMD r9 xxx card and pci information in system report is broken.

Any tips how to fix this?
I need help also have the same card but 4gigs

Has anyone seen if things have gotten easier or more difficult in High Sierra?

Good news to all X99 users! RX580 (I'm sure RX4xx as well) is now finally working without a helper card.

Just install the latest version of Clover, Lilu & WhateverGreen kext.

Tested on Sierra 10.12.6 & High Sierra 10.13

Hello,

When I install Lilu & WhateverGreen kext, the graphics performance is divided by 3. On CINEBENCH R15, I have a score of 124 without Lilu & WhateverGreen kext, 84 with. On LuxMark, I have a score of 15000 without Lilu & WhateverGreen kext, 5000 with.

So, I run without Lilu & WhateverGreen kext, but I do not have the startup screen.

Does anyone have a solution ? or a link if the problem has already been resolved?

PS: thx google translate :)

EDIT: Tested on High Sierra 10.13

Problem solved.
The problem did not come from Lilu & WhateverGreen kext but from the deactivation of the iGPU in the bios.

Bios setting for GPU:
Peripherals -> Initial Display Output -> PCIe
Chipset -> Internal Graphic -> Enable
-> DVMT Pre Allocated -> 64M
-> DVMT Total GFX Memory -> 256M

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back