Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally..
After update to 10.12.6 RX 470 full working without edit kext, just fake ID 0x67DF1002 but display graphic keep AMD R9 xxx 8192 whereas i already edit AMD9520Controller, R9 xxx replace RX 480 with HEX but the result same

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 11.05.02 AM.png

If I inject FB and FakeID on x99 with the AMD Vega card, would it have a negative effect? I still can't get the RX580 going :(

Does the RX480 need a piggyback GPU? I’ve tried installing this new updated Sierra I can get into the installation area but when it reboots at the Apple logo the monitor flashes at 75% load and freezes

Please help me !
I don't see the "AMD9510ControllerKext" on Extensions folder though i ran terminal to unhide. My card is HIS RX 460 2GB
Thanks

I don't see the "AMD9510ControllerKext" on Extensions folder though i ran terminal to unhide.
The AMD9510Controller.kext is located in the System/Library/Extensions folder.

If your System folder is hidden
In Terminal:
Code:
sudo chflags -R nohidden /System

I'm still struggling getting RX580 working with Vega as IGPU for an X99 platform on High Sierra. I tried injecting different FB through the clover startup menu, specifically for the RX580 without any luck. Is there anything needed on the clover config for IGPU on x99? As I'm troubleshooting, I was thinking about PCI-E assignment for MacOS.

On my standard setup, I have the main GPU on the 16/X8_1 slot, and the secondary (RX580) on the 16/X8_3 slot. On this configuration it boots to black screen. No changes even if apply different FB names (Guariba, Orinoco, Dayman). When I look at the IOREG output, the VEGA card is on slot BR3A@3

When I swap cards and install the main GPU on the 16/X8_3 slot, and the secondary (RX580) on the 16/X8_1 slot. I get reboots @ gioscreenlockstate. No changes even if apply different FB names (Guariba, Orinoco, Dayman). When I look at the IOREG output, the VEGA card is on slot BR2A@2

I figured that because the OS sees 16/X8_3 slot as BR2A@2, maybe the VEGA needs to be in this slot? How can I get it to stop rebooting?

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 8.21.30 AM.png

SOLVED w/ Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext (Thanks coders! ) I'm not able to help you with your issue, but maybe someone or you can help me. I have a msi Rx-480 asusx99 pro/usb3.1 w/i7-6800k that I have never been able to get accelerated. I need to dual boot w/ win10 so flashing the Rx480 to an unrecognized ID is not an option. I had used a radeon HD5450 and a radeon HD5750 as helper cards that successfully had acelleration before adding RX480 to second slot, but I never got it to boot, always froze on clover booting up macos volume, froze to an unrecognizable point in verbose readings. I tried each video output seperately and in every possible combination including unplugging helper and plugging in RX480 at volume boot, all failure. I had a lot of help from @gigamax and @jerryy2345 and @Ur-Quan but to no avail. I found that bios would not allow me to choose which slot to boot first, so that was out too. I apoligise for piggybacking on your question, but hopefully someone will see the thread activity and help us both out. Also shoutout to @Mork_vom_Ork for all the efforts on behalf of polaris cards and especially trying to bribe @slice or any clover dev to help with bypassing the helper card necessity initialization that polaris requires in hackintosh.

Last edited:
I'm not able to help you with your issue, but maybe someone or you can help me. I have a msi Rx-480 asusx99 pro/usb3.1 w/i7-6800k that I have never been able to get accelerated. I need to dual boot w/ win10 so flashing the Rx480 to an unrecognized ID is not an option. I had used a radeon HD5450 and a radeon HD5750 as helper cards that successfully had acelleration before adding RX480 to second slot. I had a lot of help from @gigamax and @jerryy2345 and @Ur-Quan but to no avail. I found that bios would not allow me to choose which slot to boot first, so that was out too. I apoligise for piggybacking on your question, but hopefully someone will see the thread activity and help us both out. Also shoutout to @Mork_vom_Ork for all the efforts on behalf of polaris cards and especially trying to bribe @slice or any clover dev to help with bypassing the helper card necessity initialization that polaris requires in hackintosh.

Which is the second slot? Just need to confirm this. Thanks!

On my board, the second slot would correspond to your pciex8_2 slot. I put a helper card in pciex16/x8_1 and get it working, then add RX480 to pcieslot #2 and I've tried pcieslot #3, which would correcpond to pciex16/x8_3 on your board, thanks!

The AMD9510Controller.kext is located in the System/Library/Extensions folder.

If your System folder is hidden
In Terminal:
Code:
sudo chflags -R nohidden /System
Thanks for replying me.
I found it.
Edited : After i config the info.plist by using TextEdit, saved it, executed Kext Wizard. and then restart my computer, i switch internal card from IGFX to PCIe Slot1 (am i right? ). Unfortunally, it's not working. Just appear the apple logo and then restart automaticlly. So shame ? Please help me out. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back