Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just to preface this post: I'm super new to this.

I'm trying to follow this guide, but I've been stuck at this roadblock for a whole day now. I've managed to install Sierra but there are a few issues that are really slowing down any progress. The main issue is that I don't have any Radeon Kexts in either S/L/E or my EFI partition. I've been trying to find a solution for hours now with no success. Could someone please explain how to solve this issue?

gigamaxx can u give me a small guide how you did it its a bit confusing after reading all comments because not everyone was doing it for rx480 ...it would be grateful of u..I have questions do I have to update my Xcode before because new update is sitting in App Store 8.2.1 for Xcode ..do I have to do that before ..as I have nvme ssd do have to keep that in mind of hackrnvme kext before I update ..and how many hex I have to replace from how many kexts which files there were 3 hex there ...please elaborate

Try inject Intel and not injecting ATI. There is no crossfire support in OsX but you can double your open CL scores/performance in apps like Luxmark Ball benchmark.

View attachment 228881 this is an old bench with 2 RX 480s
do you know if there is any difference in performance in FCPX using two cards?

I did those 3 find and replace and I couldn't restart it had kernel panics I guess connected my wd external backup hdd went into bios and set my external clone backup drive and booted back into backup drive and changed the file back to original in the ssd Sierra drive ..now I have system back I don't know what did I do wrong ;-(

Tested this method on 12.1 from my backup, Works well. Luxmark now shows 36 cores active. but for some odd reason clock shows 130mhz both in 12.1 and 12.2.

Anyone tested the RX470/480 in a 5K setup with perhaps the Dell Ultrasharp UltraHD 5K-Monitor (UP2715K)?

The RX 470-480 I believe is only capable of 4K 30hz with HDMI, 4K 60hz DisplayPort. No 5k yet and it may not have it in Windows either. Vega 10 should be coming soon (3-6 months) it should have 5k support since it's in Sierra I would imagine retina screens will require it.

Anyone tested the RX470/480 in a 5K setup with perhaps the Dell Ultrasharp UltraHD 5K-Monitor (UP2715K)?
I hope, new iMacs comes out with rx470 and rx480 for 5K display, Mac Pros comes out Vega10 and Vega 10X2.

I have Gigabyte RX480 4GB, and I tested on Sierra and WindOHws 10. In my opinion RX480 Performance under 70% of its capabilities on Sierra. On Windows much much much better.

Unfortunately new version of Sierra PB 3 (released today) hasn't contain any changes for Dayman.

SO, yeah. If Apple will ship Polaris 10 drivers (Dayman framebuffer) for rx470 and rx480, capable to use 5K display nicely. It's not a question... in the future... maybe... :(

Sorry for my english..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back