Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to purchase an AMD RX460 (from Gigabyte).
Can anyone tell me that if I set IGPU as 1st output in the BIOS, does waking from sleep work?
Thanks in advance :D

I'd like to purchase an AMD RX460 (from Gigabyte).
Can anyone tell me that if I set IGPU as 1st output in the BIOS, does waking from sleep work?
Thanks in advance :D
that is really a variable question as we have no idea of what other hardware you are intending to use with it so we can't give a good answer but I'm certain it might at first be troublesome but it can be resolved

that is really a variable question as we have no idea of what other hardware you are intending to use with it so we can't give a good answer but I'm certain it might at first be troublesome but it can be resolved

My current setup is a Skylake build with GT740. Sleep and wake works without issues. And now the only thing I'm going to change is to use RX 460, that's why I'm asking for people who have experience with this card :D

Hello guys, I am following all your advices on installing RX480 on my ASRock Fatality Z170 i7 system with Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC and Intel 530 onboard graphics. I have successfuly installed Sierra and connected 2 monitors, one to onboard 530 graphics port and one to double DP ports on RX480.
My setup and install was easy thanks to great tools provided - I created USB stick with unibeast, installed Sierra and both monitors are runing OOTB right after Sierra first boot. During Sierra boot only monitor connected to Intel 530 onboard graphics is running. After boot both monitors are nice and shine.
Problem is acceleration of course. As soon as I edit 4100 kext file, change value to 0x67DF as required, and reboot, apple logo appears and boot process stops at around 60%. I have reinstalled Sierra several times already just to be able to get back into the OS, trying something else, but as soon as kext is edited, system hangs at boot.
I believe I have edited .plist file the right way – copied it to desktop, edited and then copied back in kext overwriting old one. I have used both Kext Utility and Kext Wizard after edit. See attached file for CLOVER GPU info at boot time if it gives you any idea.
So far i avoided using Multibeast because after using it, Intel 530 glitch appears. With OOTB install, no problem with Intel 530 on Sierra 10.12.2, network and displays running without a glitch.
Any ideas why system freezes at 60% during boot after kext is edited? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Could it be MacOS's SIP (System Integrity Protection) needs to be disabled?

My current setup is a Skylake build with GT740. Sleep and wake works without issues. And now the only thing I'm going to change is to use RX 460, that's why I'm asking for people who have experience with this card :D

I have a Gigabyte RX 460 "no 6pin power" and a Pentium g3258 Haswell with HD 4200 graphics. I loaded EMUvariable, and Osioptifix not the osioptifix2 version in 64EFI drivers folder in clover. I set boot arguments to Dart=O, darkwake=8. My sleep functions work like this, after deep sleep "overnight" I hit the keyboard and the screen gets a grey blink then I lightly press power button and the screen pops up with whatever I had the night before and mouse works. It's similar to my real MacBook but may be different from Nvidia wake mode. RX cards don't have sound worked out yet, but I use a USB Sabrient sound card and it works after wake. Onboard sound should work as well. One thing that can hang you up is your wifi/Bluetooth during wake depending on specs.

Hello guys, I am following all your advices on installing RX480 on my ASRock Fatality Z170 i7 system with Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC and Intel 530 onboard graphics. I have successfuly installed Sierra and connected 2 monitors, one to onboard 530 graphics port and one to double DP ports on RX480.
My setup and install was easy thanks to great tools provided - I created USB stick with unibeast, installed Sierra and both monitors are runing OOTB right after Sierra first boot. During Sierra boot only monitor connected to Intel 530 onboard graphics is running. After boot both monitors are nice and shine.
Problem is acceleration of course. As soon as I edit 4100 kext file, change value to 0x67DF as required, and reboot, apple logo appears and boot process stops at around 60%. I have reinstalled Sierra several times already just to be able to get back into the OS, trying something else, but as soon as kext is edited, system hangs at boot.
I believe I have edited .plist file the right way – copied it to desktop, edited and then copied back in kext overwriting old one. I have used both Kext Utility and Kext Wizard after edit. See attached file for CLOVER GPU info at boot time if it gives you any idea.
So far i avoided using Multibeast because after using it, Intel 530 glitch appears. With OOTB install, no problem with Intel 530 on Sierra 10.12.2, network and displays running without a glitch.
Any ideas why system freezes at 60% during boot after kext is edited? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Try this in clover graphics settings. Set Intel to inject =false, or uncheck it. Use Intel fake ID 0x19120003, set ig to 0a206080 and inject ATI.

I have a Gigabyte RX 460 "no 6pin power" and a Pentium g3258 Haswell with HD 4200 graphics. I loaded EMUvariable, and Osioptifix not the osioptifix2 version in 64EFI drivers folder in clover. I set boot arguments to Dart=O, darkwake=8. My sleep functions work like this, after deep sleep "overnight" I hit the keyboard and the screen gets a grey blink then I lightly press power button and the screen pops up with whatever I had the night before and mouse works. It's similar to my real MacBook but may be different from Nvidia wake mode. RX cards don't have sound worked out yet, but I use a USB Sabrient sound card and it works after wake. Onboard sound should work as well. One thing that can hang you up is your wifi/Bluetooth during wake depending on specs.
Thanks for you sharing!
Going to buy one :D

Hello everyone...Is there a way I can boot into Windows and Mac without changing cables or taking them out ..Any progress regarding this .Why is the clover boot screen not showing when cable is in the Rx 480 GPU .

Gigamaxx -

I have my MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4gb card working with no other modifications save the 4100.kext. I'm running three monitors, 2 with HDMI and 1 with DVI with full acceleration.

I did not make any mods to the config.info at all beyond multibeast.

It's not in your video, but I had to run Kext Utility to fix the permissions before it would work. That made me tear my hair out for several days.

I should mention I'm running Sierra with a Gigabyte H170-D3H motherboard.

(edit: spelling)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back