Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you currently have it working the way it has been described here by modifying the info.plist inside AMDRadeonX4100.kext if so then i know your deviceID and VendorID and can just do the patch for you if you upload your config.plist and all you'll have to do is revert AMDRadeonX4100.kext back to its original vanilla state and move the config.plist into place

Please provide a screen shot of DPCIManger pci page and config.plist and i'll do what i can to help you
yes I have done exactly that and my rx 480 has full metal support .. can u wait for few days becase I am moving to new flat packed my system already and other stuff don't know if I have internet there ... as I have no wifi card or else I could use internet from mobile ..maybe in 2 to 3 days ...I will attach my config and yes I have copy or original kext also to put back I have a backup ..allways backup to an external hdd or or internal or ssd ..i will attach file later right now just msging from another source .. looking forward to make this happen

yes I have done exactly that and my rx 480 has full metal support .. can u wait for few days becase I am moving to new flat packed my system already and other stuff don't know if I have internet there ... as I have no wifi card or else I could use internet from mobile ..maybe in 2 to 3 days ...I will attach my config and yes I have copy or original kext also to put back I have a backup ..allways backup to an external hdd or or internal or ssd ..i will attach file later right now just msging from another source .. looking forward to make this happen
I'm in no hurry I'm just here to help you guys understand the newest way we are now hackitoshing I don't have any of that hardware so i'm just here to help the only ATI card I have is an old ATI Radeon HD5870 mac edition which always works oob although metal isn't supported with it and it's getting about time to upgrade

I'm in no hurry I'm just here to help you guys understand the newest way we are now hackitoshing I don't have any of that hardware so i'm just here to help the only ATI card I have is an old ATI Radeon HD5870 mac edition which always works oob although metal isn't supported with it and it's getting about time to upgrade
yes indeed its good if you can be daring enough to make efforts to bring good support for new hardware .. it can help many people me included i hope i can also help so i will post those things soon enough you can try going back few posts and see i actually had attached my config ...but i can update with new one soon ..but i wonder if you are suggesting kexts to patch i wonder why not everyone else is doing it ...is there a guide anywhere that i can read can you link me up

btw i forgot to report an important thing i have open gl and open cl benchs ..but when i had tried to run them last night they didn't run for some reason i think they still detect the gpu as a prototype or something why is this so need to test this also in future

yes indeed its good if you can be daring enough to make efforts to bring good support for new hardware .. it can help many people me included i hope i can also help so i will post those things soon enough you can try going back few posts and see i actually had attached my config ...but i can update with new one soon ..but i wonder if you are suggesting kexts to patch i wonder why not everyone else is doing it ...is there a guide anywhere that i can read can you link me up
See here for kext to patch info.plist info and a great deal of other things can be learned from there. Its written by slice the main clover developer.
btw i forgot to report an important thing i have open gl and open cl benchs ..but when i had tried to run them last night they didn't run for some reason i think they still detect the gpu as a prototype or something why is this so need to test this also in future

Its not really needed people just wanna see how well there systems and cards are performing. You can check for metal support in system profiler(information).If it doesn't say metal when selecting your graphics then it isn't supported. Additionally you can check for Core image support in the screen saver section of the system preferences if you see images in the right hand pane after selecting an image on the right then its working. To check for Quartz Extreme support open dvd player and select help from the menu bar and hit supported features if it says supported then well it is. CI/QE are the graphics accelerations in macOS.

I would love to be able to however that requires having the hardware however I can guide you guys on how to patch the info.plist on the fly at boot up time and keep your kexts in S/L/E vanilla and live through an update with out having to reinstall any modified older versions of some kext you have on your desktop. The only thing this will depend on is apple not removing the Baffin line from the kext like they did in one previous update however we can still fool macOS by patching multiples at a time expecting them to move it else where.

To do so all we need is the deviceIDs and VendorID for that given card which is easily acquired via DPCIManger which is available here. Then we open our efi/clover/config.plist with clover configurator which is available here and click on the kernel and kext patches in the left hand pane. In the window hit the + sign under the kext to patch box and add these entries to to it for yours Gigamaxx and anyone else who uses the same deviceIDs and VendorIDs as you do.

Name
AMDRadeonX4100

Find
67E01002

Replace
67DF1002

Then tick the info.plist patch box on the right.

I like to tick the debug box above the kext to patch box to see the patching at boot up in verbose to see if it did patch it or not. Although this isn't needed but i like to do it until i got it how I like it.

Then make sure you have your FakeID in the devices section 0x67EF1002

Then it looks like you need to inject ATI so on the graphics section tick injectATI and it should work with the native vanilla AMDRadeonX4100.kext

To test make these changes and change your AMDRadeonX4100.kext/Contents/info.plist back to it original.

Then you won't have this kind of problem.

For others with a similar GPU using the Baffin card but maybe have different DeviceIDs simply gather that info from DPCIManger and change the replace value in Kexts to patch section

Hope this help and keeps your systems up to date without the break
Happy Hacking
Carpentry

That is how I have been doing it. And yes I can confirm that it works for my ASUS ROG RX480 8G. One additional step that I would add is; after checking InfoPlistPatching, change the "Type/key" to DATA.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 348
That is how I have been doing it. And yes I can confirm that it works for my ASUS ROG RX480 8G. One additional step that I would add is; after checking InfoPlistPatching, change the "Type/key" to DATA.
I knew it would work was just interesting that in some 200 post in this thread I didn't see one talking about doing it that way until i posted in it about it however I didn't read word for word every post either

I knew it would work was just interesting that in some 200 post in this thread I didn't see one talking about doing it that way until i posted in it about it however I didn't read word for word every post either

Lol..! I agree. Now I have been looking into DSDT patching to avoid using a helper card. Very useful if dual-booting or triple-booting (in my case). But have not been successful. Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

Also has anyone figured out HDMI audio on RX480?
I assume you have tried Toleda's script for making a ssdt for you and making the needed config kext to patch patches. However from my under standing and experience with ATI cards you must us the dp ports to enable the audio. Although if you'd like some help with you dsdt I'd be glad to help will need ioreg and own dsdts all acpi tabel boot to clover screen and and hold f4 for 5 seconds and clover will dump your own tables in efi/clover/acpi/origin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back