Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured it out.
Changed system def to 15,1 (from 14,2). The 15,1 more closely fits my hardware. Also, changed config.plist to "false" for inject ATI & Intel. Just did the 4100 kext edit alone.
Now FCPx and iMovie work fine. I have dual XFX RX480 cards driving 3 monitors in MacOS Sierra 10.12.1.
DP = 4k monitor
HDMI to DP adapter = 1080p monitor
HDMI = 1080p monitor
Scaling works beautifully. I have all 3 monitors plugged into a single card right now and in Win 10 can run crossfire. I keep the IGFx DVI to HDMI plugged into a second port on my 4k monitor and use the Picture in Picture feature to see the IGFx during boot.

BruceX test = 11.7 seconds

View attachment 221565 View attachment 221566
Which version(s) of the XFX RX480 8GB do you have?
There are 4 versions: OC, RS, GTR and GTR Black edition

I have i5 6500 Skylake, I don't have NVME ram and I use EMUVariable, and OSAptiofix (1, not2), in clover 64efi folder configuration. Boot arguments = dart=O darkwake=8. It sleeps overnight and when I hit a any key it wakes. I also set bios settings in power management to to allow power up from any key. If you have multi monitors the igpu works with sleep, and the card wakes as well. Right now with 1 monitor connected to card only after a long sleep it wakes by hitting power button. It pops right up, I don't have HDMI or DP sound I use the Sabrient USB external sound device with a powered speaker set.

I have dual Rx480s that I am trying to get to work. I can get one to work with no problem. Two of them and I just get a black screen. Can you answer three questions for me. I really appreciate it.

1) Can you attach your clover config?
2) Are you using modified 4100 kext or are you using the inject IDs?
3) With two Rx480s, do you still need intel enabled?
4) Lastly, if you were to do a fresh Sierra install, how would you do it?

I have dual Rx480s that I am trying to get to work. I can get one to work with no problem. Two of them and I just get a black screen. Can you answer three questions for me. I really appreciate it.

1) Can you attach your clover config?
2) Are you using modified 4100 kext or are you using the inject IDs?
3) With two Rx480s, do you still need intel enabled?
4) Lastly, if you were to do a fresh Sierra install, how would you do it?

I use the 4100kext mod, no Intel inject (I use fake id 0x19120003, and ig 0a206080) no inject ATI.
Do you have an Intel Skylake? These settings should work for it. I've used them on a Mac pro 6.1, 5.1 def, iMac 14.2, 17.1 def and MacBook Pro 9.1.

If you used multibeast to inject HD 530 you may need to make a new config.plist and replace it in EFI partition as well as the backup EFI folder in your main partition.

6.1 config.plist

The 2 cards work only in open CL like the Luxmark benchmark app. Open GL only uses one so Uningine Benchmarks don't increase over using one card. Try this if you want and if it doesn't work you may try injecting intel with it. I've had mixed results injecting intel, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, look into using a SSDT for your CPU and add it to ACPI folder in clover in patched folder. You can find SSDTs ready made in Toleda threads. If you have a i5 6500 here is one. SSDT-SB-i5.aml

Attachments

• 6.1 config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 412
  • SSDT-SB-i5.aml
    788 bytes · Views: 305
I use the 4100kext mod, no Intel inject (I use fake id 0x19120003, and ig 0a206080) no inject ATI.
Do you have an Intel Skylake? These settings should work for it. I've used them on a Mac pro 6.1, 5.1 def, iMac 14.2, 17.1 def and MacBook Pro 9.1.

If you used multibeast to inject HD 530 you may need to make a new config.plist and replace it in EFI partition as well as the backup EFI folder in your main partition.

6.1 config.plist

The 2 cards work only in open CL like the Luxmark benchmark app. Open GL only uses one so Uningine Benchmarks don't increase over using one card. Try this if you want and if it doesn't work you may try injecting intel with it. I've had mixed results injecting intel, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, look into using a SSDT for your CPU and add it to ACPI folder in clover in patched folder. You can find SSDTs ready made in Toleda threads. If you have a i5 6500 here is one. SSDT-SB-i5.aml

I do have a skylake, but its a 6700. Not sure if the SSDT will be right.

I'm still running into black screens on both. I've reinstalled Sierra just so I can get a fresh start. One card works well, but I need to inject ATI and intel both to make it work. If I inject neither, I can only boot to the Intel 530. Once I add the second card, injection will cause it to hang completely. And if I don't inject, I won't get graphics on any of the cards.

I must be missing something. It does work in Windows 10, so I know I don't have a hardware issue. I am using 17,1 since it matches skylake. What do you think I should do next?

If you search in laptops section rehabman and toleda have a link to the right ones.

It also depends on which gfx you have your monitor(s) connected to. Are you femailar with the black screen boot?
If you have one monitor connect it to igpu then set clover settings and before you hit enter switch the cable to the RX card. If you have multiple monitors you can use System Preferences/Displays to adjust monitor and card output or support.

I'll check out those power settings.

I am familiar with the unplug routine. I had to do that with a single 480. I have an hdmi monitor and one with a dp/hdmi connection.

Can I leave the intel card connected to the hdmi and leave the 480 connected to the dp/hdmi monitor?

Do I still need the intel enabled with two 480s?

Is there a way to verify that the 67DF string really matches my 480? Can I look at ioregistry to see?

Is there a way to "soft disable" one of the 480s so I don't have to keep yanking it out?

Thank you in advance.

If you search in laptops section rehabman and toleda have a link to the right ones.

It also depends on which gfx you have your monitor(s) connected to. Are you femailar with the black screen boot?
If you have one monitor connect it to igpu then set clover settings and before you hit enter switch the cable to the RX card. If you have multiple monitors you can use System Preferences/Displays to adjust monitor and card output or support.

Hello,

I am trying to make my Sapphire RX 480 8G accelerated. However, i am either getting stuck at the progress bar or getting black screen after trying all the possible solutions I found on the forum. Here is where I stuck with boot option -v. Before the Sapphire card I also tried MSI RX 480 4G and I got stuck at the same place. I spent hours on this and I really hope I could make it work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

i7 - 6700k
Z170X Gaming 5 MX
16 GB DDR 4

Attachments

• IMG_9435.jpg
    IMG_9435.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 158
Hello,

I am trying to make my Sapphire RX 480 8G accelerated. However, i am either getting stuck at the progress bar or getting black screen after trying all the possible solutions I found on the forum. Here is where I stuck with boot option -v. Before the Sapphire card I also tried MSI RX 480 4G and I got stuck at the same place. I spent hours on this and I really hope I could make it work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

i7 - 6700k
Z170X Gaming 5 MX
16 GB DDR 4
If you only have 1 card, you can inject intel and ati and it will work.

If you only have 1 card, you can inject intel and ati and it will work.
I have only one card. And tried all four combinations of injections. Got stuck at the same place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back