Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Auto selection is in the "chipset" window of the bios. The IGFX option is in the "peripherals" window. Did you check both windows in bios?

yes I did.
Let me show you the bios screen.
Give me 5 mins

EDIT:

Apparently there's no chipset window!

Attachments

• IMG_2754.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_2754.JPG.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Gigamaxx,
Thanks for the effort you are putting in this thread, but I have one question. Do I have to set iGPU as primary or will it boot with PCI-E as primary? (With the HDMI cable connected to RX 470). Also, if iGPU has to be primary, will it boot if I keep the HDMI cable connected to the RX 470?

Edit 1: I also wanted to ask, would it have full QE/CI if I left the HDMI cable connected to the port on the mobo, not the RX 470?

Thanks

If you use pcie as primary it looks good until you boot into Sierra, then it goes black screen. Try experimenting, with it my Z170 HD 530 graphics may react differently than HD 4600 graphics, but for me I order to get max acceleration I get to the clover screen and adjust any settings needed and before I hit "enter" I switch the cable to th video card and then press "enter".

Once your clover is set and you do auto boot (5 seconds) you can keep the cable plugged into the card and you just get black screen until the password/log in page.

If you use pcie as primary it looks good until you boot into Sierra, then it goes black screen. Try experimenting, with it my Z170 HD 530 graphics may react differently than HD 4600 graphics, but for me I order to get max acceleration I get to the clover screen and adjust any settings needed and before I hit "enter" I switch the cable to th video card and then press "enter".

Once your clover is set and you do auto boot (5 seconds) you can keep the cable plugged into the card and you just get black screen until the password/log in page.

I have tried various ways including the one you mentioned.
with Pci-e as primary sierra gets stuck and doesn't even show black screen.

should I update my bios in order to reveal chipset section?

yes I did.
Let me show you the bios screen.
Give me 5 mins

EDIT:

Apparently there's no chipset window!

I see, so you only have "enabled and disabled" as far as options. Can you change your bios Windows mode from classic mode to something else? Upper right corner there may be an option to change bios mode.

I see, so you only have "enabled and disabled" as far as options. Can you change your bios Windows mode from classic mode to something else? Upper right corner there may be an option to change bios mode.

nope there's no way to change bios mode.

nope there's no way to change bios mode.
Check for a possible bios update from Gigabyte. You may have to do it in Windows to get the download if available. I'm sorry, you have put a lot of effort into this I hope you can get it up and running.

Check for a possible bios update from Gigabyte. You may have to do it in Windows to get the download if available. I'm sorry, you have put a lot of effort into this I hope you can get it up and running.

there's an update
but its a beta one.
I have duel boot setup so that's not an issue
lets see how it goes.

Thank you for your help man
Either way RehabMan is helping me to get my hd 4400 up and running
Fingers crossed with that too!

EDIT:
Flashed new bios
and still nothing. doesn't show chipset menu.

Last edited:

Gigamaxx,
Thanks for the reply, but I really didn't understand. What do you mean by 'Once your clover is set and you do auto boot (5 seconds) you can keep the cable plugged into the card and you just get black screen until the password/log in page?'

Testing Sapphire rx480 oc 8g...

Black screen :(

I don't think your gigabyte vbios will work for me as mine has additional 6 pin connector up top.
yours don't!
did you get any model of this type (with 6 pin connector) working?

weird thing is, automatic switching works in windows
no matter what i keep in bios, windows automatically detects which display is connected.
ultra sadness with macOS though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back