Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lukas

Try my method on page 91 it might works for you. report findings

Good luck

Regards
Intel card is not showing in the system, only RX 480. Switchable graphics don't work. FCPX works stably, but H.264 encoding in Compressor is extremely slow((

Where is the guide for the update?
Im still on 10.12.3 and I want to update to 10.12.5.

Hey guys

Just wanted to report, OS X Sierra 10.12.5 with Asus Strix RX 480 OC RGB working perfect.

HFfSl9d.png

eTIN4K7.png

absolutely brilliant guide bud! followed to the letter apart for the last bit, I hex edited AMD9510 as I didn't have AMD9500.

Thanks for your hard work and effort on this guide!

Freshly installed 10.12.5, everything works fine. However, the benchmarks are kind of low compared to others. I get 11035 on LuxMark 3.0, 79.59fps on Cinebench. This is my first Hackintosh, so I don't have other references to compare with. I have MSI Gaming RX480 4GB though. I read somewhere else where people say you have to enable all 36 cores manually???

Another interesting thing is that in the "About this Mac", it shows my Intel HD530 GPU as HD Graphics 7000 7MB. And both of the cards work that I can freely switch between them on the go without powering off, except that the integrated graphics has all those glitches.

I'm also having some performance issues I don't seem to be able to get a grip on. I have the RX 480 (Asus Strix 8GB) working with Metal-support and all, but ut doesn't seem like it's fully enabled. Under 10.12.4 I got an OpenCL score of 138511 in Geekbench 4, but after upgrading to 10.12.5 I only get 94274. Tried Cinebench R15 and got 134.44 fps in the OpenCL test, which is in line with what n4ttcr4wl3r reports. I don't, however, have any pre-upgrade numbers to compare to in Cinebench.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Hackintoshes, this being my first one, so this forum has helped me tremendously. When upgrading (I had forgotten to turn off automatic updates...), I followed the same steps I took for the 10.12.4 update as given in this thread (adding the 0x67df identifier in the 9510 and X4100 kexts and the "enable all CUs" patches in config.plist), but the results are not the same.

I'm at a loss, but, from reading the above, does anyone see what I've missed? Or have I not provided enough information?

E: Realised this was my first ever post on the forum after lurking for the better part of two years. So, Hello all!

I'm also having some performance issues I don't seem to be able to get a grip on. I have the RX 480 (Asus Strix 8GB) working with Metal-support and all, but ut doesn't seem like it's fully enabled. Under 10.12.4 I got an OpenCL score of 138511 in Geekbench 4, but after upgrading to 10.12.5 I only get 94274. Tried Cinebench R15 and got 134.44 fps in the OpenCL test, which is in line with what n4ttcr4wl3r reports. I don't, however, have any pre-upgrade numbers to compare to in Cinebench.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Hackintoshes, this being my first one, so this forum has helped me tremendously. When upgrading (I had forgotten to turn off automatic updates...), I followed the same steps I took for the 10.12.4 update as given in this thread (adding the 0x67df identifier in the 9510 and X4100 kexts and the "enable all CUs" patches in config.plist), but the results are not the same.

I'm at a loss, but, from reading the above, does anyone see what I've missed? Or have I not provided enough information?

E: Realised this was my first ever post on the forum after lurking for the better part of two years. So, Hello all!

Hey, got an update. I get almost 40% boost on LuxMark with this method: https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/enable-baffin-cus-sh-script/

Basically, you need to manually enable all cores in RX480.

BTW, my machine thinks I'm connected to a external projector, and I basically have 2 windows(the other one I can't see). If I chose not to mirror the display, I indeed get one screen, however, the screen size is messed up. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? It's not really a big deal. It's just sometimes the app will open in the second small screen, which I can't see.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 6.43.43 PM.png

I have this problem as well, you can use spaces to chose what apps open it what windows... it's a little hit and miss for me

OK. I fixed it myself!

How did you fix it?

Asking because I`m suffering of the same issue here, even after editing the Kext file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back