CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
SKL CRB graphics, these are the native Skylake graphics for Apple. Using HD 530 fixes can cause bugs in open CL apps. I recommend these settings on a fresh install for use with RX cards. If you try to do them after you have set HD 530 fixes you need to remove the kext patches for the 530 in clover or they may not work right. Just let the apple drivers do all the work and apps tend to do better.

Did you have HD 530 graphics fixes installed before the crashes?

Thanks for your reply

Find-out
I tried with fixes and without fixes, FCPX still crashing when I used the Method I mentioned above working fine but there's some bugs that slows it little down. still working on it to find out the right solution.

if you have any idea happy to hear

Kind Regards

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z270G
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi I've successed stable final cut pro with full RX 480 Acceleration and smooth Graphic by Playing Around with Clover configurator
Here's my Set up
1.Clover : Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 8.48.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 8.48.25 PM.png

2.Display Cabled unplugged

3.Result Cinebench
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.06.15 PM.png

4.Strange Result things ::rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.14.15 PM.png
The odd things Intel HD 530 is not showing up in the system Only the RX 480 ???

if you anyone has explanation Regarding the strange Result please share
everything just works as native IMAC
Kind Regards

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi Blue
The Display Cable unpluged all time from motherboard

regards

Yes, during boot if only one monitor is connected to RX card only one monitor shows up in systems preferences, but I've never seen the igpu not listed. There was a user that removed parts of the Skylake drivers in sierra to get FCPX to work without crashes.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ Rx 480 8GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Blue

regards
Can you boot normally and then use time machine then try recovery. You may not have backed up your system while it was functional.
Hi Blue

regards

So If I understand correctly I have a Gigabyte Mobo - so I set to IGFX and plug in the Mobo Graphics out put and not into the 480?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ Rx 480 8GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After much intense learning I switched video cards to an NVidea GTX 980 Ti Classified and got a working system with graphics running smoothly. Thanks to everyone for their help especially BoomR and his extremely well written install here
BoomR's 360/VR Production Build

I will post in the builds forum as my approach was using Carbon Copy, making most all mods on my MacBook and then installing to the new box..

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 4.34.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 4.34.13 PM.png

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
So If I understand correctly I have a Gigabyte Mobo - so I set to IGFX and plug in the Mobo Graphics out put and not into the 480?

For setup use the mobo graphics and after you have the rx with metal support then reboot without mobo connection. You need to either set autoboot in clover or hit enter after a few seconds because you can't see the clover boot menu. If it's set for auto all you do is turn on computer and wait for the RX to boot into log in screen. This is called the black boot or blind boot process. It will normally give you only one screen option after boot and give the best performance for the RX cards in benchmarks.

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77 PRO
CPU
i7-3770K
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trip report: I got full acceleration working! I used the information on AMD9510Controller.kext from the first post and also made changes to AMDRadeonX4100.kext as outlined in the IT sage blog post many have found by googling. Put my card back in and all is well! :clap:

Uhhh, are there any instructions to get audio over HDMI as well? That's something that I had set up from my Nvidia card and got spoiled by, heh.

Okay I see HDMI audio is a no-go. Before I buy an adapter I have to ask does anybody know if DisplayPort audio works?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad P53
CPU
Core i7 9850-H
Graphics
Nvidia Quadro T1000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So has anyone tried to get this working without needing to use IGpu on boot? It's kind of a nuisance needing to switch around display cables every time I want to switch operating systems and reboot.

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77 PRO
CPU
i7-3770K
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I hooked a cheap tiny old 4:3 monitor from 12 years ago up to IGPU and disabled it in Windows. When I reboot, Clover is on the second monitor, and then when the PC is running it just runs a black screen and I can turn it off.