Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope, new iMacs comes out with rx470 and rx480 for 5K display, Mac Pros comes out Vega10 and Vega 10X2.

I have Gigabyte RX480 4GB, and I tested on Sierra and WindOHws 10. In my opinion RX480 Performance under 70% of its capabilities on Sierra. On Windows much much much better.

Unfortunately new version of Sierra PB 3 (released today) hasn't contain any changes for Dayman.

Sorry for my english..

In Windows are you using integrated (igpu as primary) or dedicated card graphics?

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 02.48.58.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 02.49.19.png

Very nice, that's the highest Valley I've seen with the RX 480, you broke 2000!
would like to break more I have not even switched to overclocking bios switch yet I think that will also affect ..but maybe we find more ways to increase performance in coming days .;-)

The RX 470-480 I believe is only capable of 4K 30hz with HDMI, 4K 60hz DisplayPort. No 5k yet and it may not have it in Windows either. Vega 10 should be coming soon (3-6 months) it should have 5k support since it's in Sierra I would imagine retina screens will require it.

Is that true also if you get a card that has 2+ Display Ports? In the same way you can get this working with a GTX960/70/80 setup?

@Gigamaxx - can 1st post be updated since we have 10.12.2 - I cannot comment on changes since I dont own any of the cards (or have a Hackintosh right now!)

@AnyOne - do any of the RX460s work fine when unlocked BIOS with extra Cores is flashed/enabled? I know AMD mess with the driver support in Windows if you flash the unlocked BIOS but in MacOS it might just be free performance without issues??

@Gigamaxx - can 1st post be updated since we have 10.12.2 - I cannot comment on changes since I dont own any of the cards (or have a Hackintosh right now!)

@AnyOne - do any of the RX460s work fine when unlocked BIOS with extra Cores is flashed/enabled? I know AMD mess with the driver support in Windows if you flash the unlocked BIOS but in MacOS it might just be free performance without issues??

A member mentioned the update for the 460 did not work (Blackscreen), he reverted back to original bios.

The CU fix for Fury cards worked on a few RX 460 cards and improved benchmarks by about 20%

As of 12/3/16 Polaris 10 support is in Sierra Beta 4 version, and now there is Vega 10 (the new unreleased AMD card) in the AMD9500Controllerkext.

Does this mean that RX 480s and new Vega GPUs will work OOB?

Any forseeable issues with using a rx480 on a x99 motherboard?
(Sorry for all the questions, will be my first Hackintosh)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back