Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Hey gigamaxx, I have patched clover plist as on this thread - post 272, and that clover patch by mork_vom_ork. Gpu works alright but I can't get 36 cu active, only 16. Do I need to do something else? Also fcpx 10.3.1 is crashing at start now, in 12.1 , I followed your guide and fcpx was working well. Are you facing similar things?
I have questions regarding compute units why rx 480 has only 16 and igpu has 24
Both of you use search and go to "enabling all cores AMD Fury cards" follow the post by FloRian and you can copy and paste the numbers using iHex.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
How did you get your CPU listed there, I've never seen that, especially when you have the SKL CRB which is CPU graphics. It's like you have 2 integrated graphics chips.
Its the new version of benchmark 3.1 and I did the bench with opencl GPU plus CPU bench so I guess it uses CPU cores also

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Both of you use search and go to "enabling all cores AMD Fury cards" follow the post by FloRian and you can copy and paste the numbers using iHex.
OK I will try to do that but is it cosmetic or this has affect on performance?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
OK I will try to do that but is it cosmetic or this has affect on performance?
Look at my geek bench score on that thread, try one before you make the change and then try one after. Luxmark increases to 36 compute units as well. It's real!

Motherboard
Asrock H170M Pro4
CPU
Intel i7 6700
Graphics
XFX RX480 GTR
Hey guys, just to preface this post: I'm super new to this.

I'm trying to follow this guide, but I've been stuck at this roadblock for a whole day now. I've managed to install Sierra but there are a few issues that are really slowing down any progress. The main issue is that I don't have any Radeon Kexts in either S/L/E or my EFI partition. I've been trying to find a solution for hours now with no success. Could someone please explain how to solve this issue?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
gigamaxx can u give me a small guide how you did it its a bit confusing after reading all comments because not everyone was doing it for rx480 ...it would be grateful of u..I have questions do I have to update my Xcode before because new update is sitting in App Store 8.2.1 for Xcode ..do I have to do that before ..as I have nvme ssd do have to keep that in mind of hackrnvme kext before I update ..and how many hex I have to replace from how many kexts which files there were 3 hex there ...please elaborate