Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigamaxx -

I have my MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4gb card working with no other modifications save the 4100.kext. I'm running three monitors, 2 with HDMI and 1 with DVI with full acceleration.

I did not make any mods to the config.info at all beyond multibeast.

It's not in your video, but I had to run Kext Utility to fix the permissions before it would work. That made me tear my hair out for several days.

I think its mentioned in the guide, you need to fix repair permissions using kext utility. Glad its working for you.

Check out the "Enabling all cores in And fury cards" thread.

Hello! I have been banging my head against the wall for the past week or so trying to figure my hackintosh, I am very new to this. I followed the install guide on the website and everything booted, but all the animations were slow. I have an MSI 480 4gb, and when I go to open FCPX I get the no graphics acceleration message. I went to follow your guide (very well done and easy to follow by the way) but I got lost at the system file. The reason is I dont have the system file, durring the install was I supposed to copy files over? Or can I download them? I appreciate any advice. Again I have a strong working knowledge of computer, and windows, but this is my first build, so direction would GREATLY appreciated.

The other option that I was thinking about is either downgrading to a 460 or get a 280x, but seeing that all the drivers and such are in that file, I believe I'm most likely going to run into the same problem.
Thanks!

Hello! I have been banging my head against the wall for the past week or so trying to figure my hackintosh, I am very new to this. I followed the install guide on the website and everything booted, but all the animations were slow. I have an MSI 480 4gb, and when I go to open FCPX I get the no graphics acceleration message. I went to follow your guide (very well done and easy to follow by the way) but I got lost at the system file. The reason is I dont have the system file, durring the install was I supposed to copy files over? Or can I download them? I appreciate any advice. Again I have a strong working knowledge of computer, and windows, but this is my first build, so direction would GREATLY appreciated.

The other option that I was thinking about is either downgrading to a 460 or get a 280x, but seeing that all the drivers and such are in that file, I believe I'm most likely going to run into the same problem.
Thanks!

On the top tool bar select GO, scroll down to "Computer", open. Select disk that has Sierra and open. Select "System" then "Libraries" (not to be confused with the other Libraries which is before "System). Open Libraries and scroll to "Extensions" and open. Right click on AMD4100kext and choose "show package contents". A "Contents" folder should appear click on tab to open. Drag the info.plist to desktop and then open it using Xcode or other textedit tool. Open the IOKitpersonalities tab and do the 0x67FF1002 to 0x67DF1002 change, go to file on top tool bar and hit save. Drag the info.plist to contents folder and make sure you get the Authenticate and replace prompts, then use a kext tool and select repair permissions. Reboot.

This looks pretty cool. I watched the video (thank you for that by the way) and it seems pretty easy to enable RX cards! I also saw you got the RX 480 working, and I've been looking at buying that little beast, do you think it's worth it??! Is it pretty stable in MacOS?

I have installed 10.12.2 on my PC (i7 6700k, msi z170a g43 plus, and the XFX RX 480 RS 4gb) I did the instructions, one is yours @Gigamaxx and the config.plist method, my gpu already detected correctly on about mac, but it can't do anything, no qe/ci, glitchy and laggy, please tell me what must I do to make my gpu works well? What should I do?

I have installed 10.12.2 on my PC (i7 6700k, msi z170a g43 plus, and the XFX RX 480 RS 4gb) I did the instructions, one is yours @Gigamaxx and the config.plist method, my gpu already detected correctly on about mac, but it can't do anything, no qe/ci, glitchy and laggy, please tell me what must I do to make my gpu works well? What should I do?

Did you use the 67FF1002, or 67EF1002 definition? The 67EO1002 definition may not be working anymore. What kext tool are you using? I use Kextwizzard form another site because I find it works everytime.

Did you use the 67FF1002, or 67EF1002 definition? The 67EO1002 definition may not be working anymore. What kext tool are you using? I use Kextwizzard form another site because I find it works everytime.
I use 67DF1002 replacing 67EO1002 in info.plist I use kextwizard, and so what must I do now? Replace back the original info.plist and config.plist than try to re-edit again? Or anything else? I think I did your video instructions many times. Please guide me specifically to make my rx 480 works. thankyou @Gigamaxx

I use 67DF1002 replacing 67EO1002 in info.plist I use kextwizard, and so what must I do now? Replace back the original info.plist and config.plist than try to re-edit again? Or anything else? I think I did your video instructions many times. Please guide me specifically to make my rx 480 works. thankyou @Gigamaxx

Yes go back and change the First definition back to 67EO1002, and then change the 67FF1002 to 67DF1002 and then place back in the contents folder of the 4100kext. You can do it all at the same time just make sure to drag the info.plist to the desktop make the changes then replace it to the folder. Afterwards don't forget to run kext utility to seek repair permissions.

I've just noticed that the EO definition isn't working as of 12.12.1 I will need to change the first page to reflect that.

Yes go back and change the First definition back to 67EO1002, and then change the 67FF1002 to 67DF1002 and then place back in the contents folder of the 4100kext. You can do it all at the same time just make sure to drag the info.plist to the desktop make the changes then replace it to the folder. Afterwards don't forget to run kext utility to seek repair permissions.

I've just noticed that the EO definition isn't working as of 12.12.1 I will need to change the first page to reflect that.

What about config.plist? Should I make it default again? and what version of kextwizard?

What about config.plist? Should I make it default again? and what version of kextwizard?

The info.plist is in the 4100kext folder. The config.plist is in your EFI partition in clover. The info.plist is in Mac OS in Sysyem/Libraries/Extensions/AMD4100.kext. If you have an original copy of it you can replace it and then make the fix, it dont forget to use a kext tool.

Kextwizzard can be found on google, it's from another forum for hackintosh. You may have to join to get it. It shouldn't matter which version as long as its recently acquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back