Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gigamaxxx

Im actually having the same thing as djackman.
except that in my case i did not get the acceleration.
I ran Unigine heaven i got a very low min fps ( i will upload the screenshot later) and imovie is kind off choppy during animations
but it runs The sims very well.
any guidance on how to remove the inject ATI/intel?

@ RJaackman
Im also running dualboot hackintosh sierra and windows 10.
im wondering how you can get to windows 10 since the bootloader did not show up.

Hi Gigamaxxx

I ran Unigine heaven i got a very low min fps ( i will upload the screenshot later) and imovie is kind off choppy during animations

@ RJaackman
im wondering how you can get to windows 10 since the bootloader did not show up.

I temporarily connected a 2nd monitor running off the iGPU that allowed me to see the boot properly. Now I know that when I press the power button after 8 seconds I need to press right on the keyboard twice then enter to boot into Windows.

Hi guys, seems this might be the place, I'm looking at picking up a new Radeon 480 card to upgrade my hackintosh. i want it to replace my 6870 i have currently installed, will there be any significant issues i will face upgrading, and which methodology would you recommend to upgrade it?

Build is:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z68XP-UD3
Processor - Intel i7-2600K Sandy Bridge
PSU - Corsair 650 Watt 80 Plus
Memory - Corsair XMS3 12GB (3x4GB) DDR3
HDD - 2x SSDs & 2x HDD

Hi guys, seems this might be the place, I'm looking at picking up a new Radeon 480 card to upgrade my hackintosh. i want it to replace my 6870 i have currently installed, will there be any significant issues i will face upgrading, and which methodology would you recommend to upgrade it?

Build is:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z68XP-UD3
Processor - Intel i7-2600K Sandy Bridge
PSU - Corsair 650 Watt 80 Plus
Memory - Corsair XMS3 12GB (3x4GB) DDR3
HDD - 2x SSDs & 2x HDD

Main issue is the igpu as primary display output (integrated graphics mode). Do you have intel HD 3000 graphics? If so they are still supported in sierra so it should work. If they don't work you can use your existing card as an igpu if you have enough pcie slots and power supply connections.

Hi Gigamaxxx

@ RJaackman

What are your system specs, mobo and cpu.

I assume you have tried Toleda's script for making a ssdt for you and making the needed config kext to patch patches. However from my under standing and experience with ATI cards you must us the dp ports to enable the audio. Although if you'd like some help with you dsdt I'd be glad to help will need ioreg and own dsdts all acpi tabel boot to clover screen and and hold f4 for 5 seconds and clover will dump your own tables in efi/clover/acpi/origin

Is that an open offer?

I would like to get audio over my AMD RX 460 (Gigabyte 4GB version) working well, but I do not wish to impose on your time. [I suspect that with the number of people trying these new AMD cards, there will be a lot of interest in the subject ... which means a lot of questions thrown at you.]

Is that an open offer?

I would like to get audio over my AMD RX 460 (Gigabyte 4GB version) working well, but I do not wish to impose on your time. [I suspect that with the number of people trying these new AMD cards, there will be a lot of interest in the subject ... which means a lot of questions thrown at you.]

Sure be glad to help upload your config.plist, clover folder in compressed format remove themes folder from it, copy of ioreg, all oem acpi tables, any patched acpi tables you've made, and list any method you've tried and any methods you are currently using to enable onboard audio. And I'll be glad to see if together we can get it working. If you don't know what any of that stuff is search the forum for answers. I'm at work right now and won't have a chance to look at any of this for about 9 hours

What are your system specs, mobo and cpu.

Hi giga

My specs are as follow
I7 6700
Gigabyte h110-ds2
16gb ddr 4
Sapphire nitro rx470
Running dual boot win 10 & sierra

If You see in attachment of my benchmark unigine . I get a very low min fps on this. Which i assume rx470 should be able to get min 30fps xp

I injected both intel and amd at the moment

Any advise??

Attachments

• 1482293275105.jpg
    1482293275105.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 141
Main issue is the igpu as primary display output (integrated graphics mode). Do you have intel HD 3000 graphics? If so they are still supported in sierra so it should work. If they don't work you can use your existing card as an igpu if you have enough pcie slots and power supply connections.

Hi Gigamaxx, thank you for the response, I really appreciate it. As far as I am aware, the Z68 motherboard and the i7-2600K processor will allow me to use the IntelHD3000 graphics in the CPU.

Are there any guides you would recommend for switching over to Seirra, using the igpu as the primary display output, and enabling the 480? I am currently running 10.10.3 Yosemite for my OSX, are there any issues with upgrading the OSX?

Thank you very much for the input.

Hi Gigamaxx, thank you for the response, I really appreciate it. As far as I am aware, the Z68 motherboard and the i7-2600K processor will allow me to use the IntelHD3000 graphics in the CPU.

Are there any guides you would recommend for switching over to Seirra, using the igpu as the primary display output, and enabling the 480? I am currently running 10.10.3 Yosemite for my OSX, are there any issues with upgrading the OSX?

Thank you very much for the input.

Tonymac made a guide for using clover to update through App Store. There is also the Unibeast method. Personally, I down load the app, use terminal to load it onto USB, and then add clover bootloader. Then I put my config.plist in and fakeSMCkext in folders 10.12, and other.

Sounds like you're good to go if you have the 3000 graphics workable then your RX card can go in slot 0 and get the full 16 pcie lanes of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back