I've updated to 10.13.1 High Sierra.Updated to 10.12.3.
To do so I used some tips from ITSage site (link: www.theitsage.com/install-radeon-rx-480-gpu-macos-sierra/)
1. cloned drive and EFI partition
2. Run updates using terminal instead of App Store, to allow me to edit the kexts prior to rebooting.
(sudo softwareupdate -i -a)
3. Then edited the AMDRadeonX4100.kext and the AMD9500Controller.kext in the same fashion as before.
4. After reboot, I ran multibeast to reinstall my audio (ALC1150 in my case), and rebooted again.
5. Lastly, I applied the "enable-baffin-cus-script" mentioned on the ITSage website to enable more computing cores on the RX480. The link to the script and the terminal commands are listed at the ITSage website link above in the section titled "Performance Easter Egg".
6. Reboot and test.
Much to my delight, there does seem to be a nice OpenCL performance boost with the changes.
Here's my latest benchmarks. Compared to my prior post, this is definitely better.
BruceX time = 8 sec now (was about 11 sec before)
View attachment 244022 View attachment 244023 View attachment 244024 View attachment 244025 View attachment 244026
Interesting.... I've tried Premiere Pro CC 2017. If it's set to OpenCL, it also crashes. If set to "metal" then it works fine. I wonder if the FCPX problem is an OpenCL issue.I've updated to 10.13.1 High Sierra.
It's been a long road. I did a fresh install on a new SSD. I'm still moving old files/apps over.
I used Unibeast and Multibeast for High Sierra as described on Unibeast.
Anyone??Hi, i recently updated my sierra 12.2 to 12.6.
I read that lilu and whatever kext could solve my issue with black screen bios set to pcie gpu and having to set change cable if i need to get into bios.
so I followed the guide placed lilu and whatever kext then i reboot, set bios to disable igpu and prioritize on the pcie.
after rebooting again, I can get to bios and clover boot loader
until it reached apple logo loading screen going halfway it suddenly went to black screen.
does anyone knows the issue or guide to fix this?
12.6 will have better support for the card, if you update clover you can also use rad de init feature instead of whatever green and lilukext. So just update clover and select that feature in graphics settings.Guys, a little advice before I explode my 'working for years' hackintosh...
I have a Power Color Red Devil RX 480 working with modified kexts and iGPU (the annoying black boot screen), what should I do to get rid of the iGPU and install this whatevergreen stuff? Do I have to upgrade the OS?