Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev 1.0)
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 1070
So I have a monitor and GPU that both support 10 bit (an LG ultra wide with a 1070). On Windows I can set the color to 10 bit in the NVIDIA manager, and it seems to work fine. However, on OSX 10bit doesn't seem to be enabled (on the new Pascal drivers). Under system report> graphics it says Pixel Depth (ARGB88888), supposedly it saying ARGB2101010 means it's outputting at 10 bit.

Anybody know how to enable this?

I'm also interested in this. If you really mean allowing OpenGL windows to be created with a depth higher than 8bit/component, it's a very powerful feature, although traditionally (at least on Linux/UNIX) can break some applications that assume that creating a window with the best visual will deliver an 8bit/component window. That's the reason why on UNIX you usually want to be able to turn this feature on or off, depending on the apps you use.

I never used deep color visuals in MacOS. I don't know if that's possible or not.

I am interested as well.

Google ResXtreme

Thank you, didn't know that application. Is there any reason why I can only select 10 bit resolutions up to (native) 1080p? Usually I use my display for up to 4K, but ResXtreme only lists 8 bit for 3840x2160.

Not to get all Necro here but I'm having the same issue, ReXtreme only shows 10 bit up to 1080 but my display is 1440. It's a BenQ SW700 running on a GTX 1070

In SwitchResX there is an option in the dropdown menu clicking with the alt modifier key pressed. At least for me this works with 5K and nvidia quadro K2000 (I'm aware of Nvidia consumer graphics drivers being somewhat restricted in using 10 Bit for anything other than DirectX, so 10-Bit desktop and OpenGL apps at least on Windows are not supported for geforce)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back