Contribute
Register

Enable suspend in Acer Aspire VN7-571G-71J5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again,
i've tested hibernatemode 0,1,3 even 25

With 1,3 and 25 the clover detects me an hibernation but it can't boot again
With 0 and closing my laptop by closing the lid it seems suspended, but when i try to reload all it's starting a new session like if i'm starting normally.

This could be a hint. I had similar problem with hibernate on Aspire v5-572p-6417 after I enabled bluetooth. It went away when I disabled BT again. I am using hibernate mode 3.

Hello again,
i've tested hibernatemode 0,1,3 even 25

With 1,3 and 25 the clover detects me an hibernation but it can't boot again
With 0 and closing my laptop by closing the lid it seems suspended, but when i try to reload all it's starting a new session like if i'm starting normally.

hibernatemode 0 is the right setting (disabling hibernation).

Assuming you entered sleep successfully (blinking power LED?), you have a reboot on wake. Are you testing without any external devices connected?

Hello
after some busy days i'm back.
RehabMan, you are right. When the hibernatemode is 0 i have a blinking led (i've solved the usb problems doing what you've recommended), but there is no wake up process, the laptop starts normally.

Another things that i've tested is setting the hibernatemode to 3 and the result is the same.
If hibernatemode is 25 the computer shuts down and clover detects me that the system is hibernated, but it freezes when tries to wake up.
One last state to hibernatemode is 29. With this, the computer hibernates correctly but when clover tries to wake up i get AppleACPIPlatform error.

I know the meaning of the most common hibernatemode states and i would like to use state 3 or 25 to power off the hard drive of the laptop.

Hello
after some busy days i'm back.
RehabMan, you are right. When the hibernatemode is 0 i have a blinking led (i've solved the usb problems doing what you've recommended), but there is no wake up process, the laptop starts normally.

Another things that i've tested is setting the hibernatemode to 3 and the result is the same.
If hibernatemode is 25 the computer shuts down and clover detects me that the system is hibernated, but it freezes when tries to wake up.
One last state to hibernatemode is 29. With this, the computer hibernates correctly but when clover tries to wake up i get AppleACPIPlatform error.

I know the meaning of the most common hibernatemode states and i would like to use state 3 or 25 to power off the hard drive of the laptop.

Are you testing without USB WiFi devices plugged in (such as USB WiFi shown in your ioreg)?

All the tests i've done are without usb plugged in, but with GenericUSBXHCI.kext i've solved the problem and my laptop hibernates correctly with the wifi usb plugged in.

I repeat. All the things i've done are without wifi usb plugged in.

All the tests i've done are without usb plugged in, but with GenericUSBXHCI.kext i've solved the problem and my laptop hibernates correctly with the wifi usb plugged in.

I repeat. All the things i've done are without wifi usb plugged in.

Not according to what is shown in your ioreg. I can only base responses on what I see in the ioreg.

OK, again you are right and i'm wrong.
i thought that only unplugging the USB wifi was solving the problem but today i was watching the IOReg and i still have the usb wireless in there.

i've reinstalled yosemite to replace the kext installed by me but the wireless is still there.

How can i solve this usb problem to test, at least the hibernation 3 or 25?

OK, again you are right and i'm wrong.
i thought that only unplugging the USB wifi was solving the problem but today i was watching the IOReg and i still have the usb wireless in there.

i've reinstalled yosemite to replace the kext installed by me but the wireless is still there.

Are you sure you're not just looking at a BT wireless device?

How can i solve this usb problem to test, at least the hibernation 3 or 25?

hibernatemode should be 0.

OK, but when the hibernatemode is 0 the laptop sleep correctly with blinking led, but when i wake up pressing the power button, it is like normal boot.

I'm having a sleep/restart with hibernatemode 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back