Contribute
Register

Enable or Disable EIST? - Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Should I be enabling EIST or disabling it. My Core i5 540 is at 4.41GHZ (Prime Stable). But I've noticed that with it enabled I get a really high Geekbench score, where as with it disabled I get a really low score..

The real question I have is, will snow leopard perform better if I have EIST enabled? or will it have no effect on real life benchmarks?

Re: Enable or Disable EIST?

Yamcha said:
Hi Guys,

Should I be enabling EIST or disabling it. My Core i5 540 is at 4.41GHZ (Prime Stable). But I've noticed that with it enabled I get a really high Geekbench score, where as with it disabled I get a really low score..

The real question I have is, will snow leopard perform better if I have EIST enabled? or will it have no effect on real life benchmarks?

From the sounds of that you are not getting your full speed without it enabled I would use the MSR Tools (32bit only) or the mark-i to confirm the speed your processor runs at with both of the settings used. For what it is worth I always enable it on my over clocks and only go as high as the stock voltage allows me too.

I think you are absolutely right, because with EIST enabled its much much faster, the experience overall is faster.. =/ I can't believe it was running at 3.06GHZ..

I guess it might be because of my motherboard? Whatever the case this is posing to be a real problem.. because as far as I know EIST can control your voltage and multiplier?

Anyone know how I might be able to resolve this?

Yamcha said:
I think you are absolutely right, because with EIST enabled its much much faster, the experience overall is faster.. =/ I can't believe it was running at 3.06GHZ..

I guess it might be because of my motherboard? Whatever the case this is posing to be a real problem.. because as far as I know EIST can control your voltage and multiplier?

Anyone know how I might be able to resolve this?

The EIST does control them not sure of the posting policy here so if you PM me with an email address I can send you the mark-i files I have.

I've figured out why its happening, It has something to do with my Extra folder and Multibeast or DSDT, because when I boot using iBoot (With EIST disabled) and run benchmarks I get a much higher score..

Yamcha said:
I've figured out why its happening, It has something to do with my Extra folder and Multibeast or DSDT, because when I boot using iBoot (With EIST disabled) and run benchmarks I get a much higher score..

Would not be the Multibeast it only installs so either the DSDT or Extra and I would go with a .kext in the Extra. What do you have in there? BTW sent the mark-i to your email address.

Thanks for all your help! I've solved the problem, it was actually because of the DSDT, so I deleted my Extra folder, ran Multibeast again with Easybeast this time, and it works great..

Again thanks for all your help, I will probably post a guide later today.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back