Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Since I have my hackintosh, I noticed that I could not turn off the bluetooth on my machine. It is a dongle that I bought cheap (MiniInTheBox dot com) to drive a wiimote:

Wireless Bluetooth V3.0 USB Dongle + EDR Adapter 100m Working Distance/ Up to 3Mbps Data Rate

I used the tutorial below, and after that I saw appear the line "turn off bluetooth", but when I click on it, nothing happens! So the GUI is OK, but nothing functional thereafter.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]1. Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and copy IOBluetoothFamily.kext to your desktop[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]
2. Using the copy on your desktop, navigate to IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext/Contents/ (To get to the Contents folder, right click on the kext and select Show Package Contents)[/FONT][/COLOR]
3. Open info.plist in TextEdit.[/FONT][/COLOR]
4. Find and replace[/FONT][/COLOR]
[CODE][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>33292</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>1452</integer>[/FONT][/COLOR]
with
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>XXXXX</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>YYYYY</integer>[/FONT][/COLOR]

Device ID Values XXXX and YYYY are found in system profiler.
Simply replace the integer value with yours respectively. Both idProduct and idVendor respectively and do make sure that its in base 10.

5. Save the file.

6. Kext Helper the newly updated IOBluetoothFamily.kext. Also be sure to run a Tag Cache Rebuild.

7. Reboot.

[/CODE]

What can i do to make it functional ?
Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back