Contribute
Register

Enable all cores R9 Fury cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I'd say it was a permissions issue, but since you managed to restore the original one I'd rule that out. Try to do the mods again, others have already reported success, so it should work for you.
Just to make sure, are you using 10.2.2 final?

Yes, it is 10.12.2 final. Two questions:
1. Did I edit the correct file? (See my post above for details)
2. Should I leave my clover settings as they are?

Thanks!

Yes, it is 10.12.2 final. Two questions:
1. Did I edit the correct file? (See my post above for details)
2. Should I leave my clover settings as they are?

Thanks!

In ihex in the top left corner select hex instead of text. I did the same last night and it placed it in the text section instead of the Hex portion of it. I knew when it showed up it was in the wrong place. It made it inoperable. Luckily, I did the update to beta 12.2.3 but I don't think it's compatible.

By Fl0r!an post , I have 12967(max 13100) scores in Luxmark (Ball scene) with ATI EF injection , before 10-20% less [/SIZE] ,

Last edited:
In ihex in the top left corner select hex instead of text. I did the same last night and it placed it in the text section instead of the Hex portion of it. I knew when it showed up it was in the wrong place. It made it inoperable. Luckily, I did the update to beta 12.2.3 but I don't think it's compatible.

I must be doing something wrong. I just tried it again and I got the same result. It was in hex, not text. So that is not the problem. Do I use the "Replace & Find" button after I enter the fields? Do I just press the button once?

I must be doing something wrong. I just tried it again and I got the same result. It was in hex, not text. So that is not the problem. Do I use the "Replace & Find" button after I enter the fields? Do I just press the button once?

It should lead you right to the fix and show it in Yelow highlight. Try it in overwrite mode and see if that solves it.

Here's how I did it:

I dragged the AMDRadeonX4100.kext to my desktop. I selected show package contents. Navigate to contents/MacOS. Open the AMDRadeonX4100 file located inside of the MacOS folder with iHex.

Select find from the edit menu. Select the Hex button. Type in the hex code you want to find, select next. The code, if found, will be highlighted. Type in the replacement hex code in the replace block. Select replace. The code will change to the replacement code.

Do this for each hex code entry.

Save the file and quit iHex.

Open Kext Utility and drag the modified AMDRadeon4100 kext from your desktop into Kext utility. When it is finished, reboot

Here's how I did it:

I dragged the AMDRadeonX4100.kext to my desktop. I selected show package contents. Navigate to contents/MacOS. Open the AMDRadeonX4100 file located inside of the MacOS folder with iHex.

Select find from the edit menu. Select the Hex button. Type in the hex code you want to find, select next. The code, if found, will be highlighted. Type in the replacement hex code in the replace block. Select replace. The code will change to the replacement code.

Do this for each hex code entry.

Save the file and quit iHex.

Open Kext Utility and drag the modified AMDRadeon4100 kext from your desktop into Kext utility. When it is finished, reboot

Thank you! That did the trick. I was doing it slightly wrong.

Before and after LuxMark scores:

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 9.51.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 6.52.05 PM.png

Please try this in AMD9500Controller: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313977-r9-nano/?p=2333003

<key>PP_DisablePowerContainment</key>
<integer>1</integer>

Might increase the performance even further.

I guess I must be doing this part incorrectly also. I'm not feeling particularly smart today.

I edited the AMD9500Controller kext in TextEdit, repaired permissions, rebooted. Then ran LuxMark. About 30 seconds into the benchmark, I get black screens and the GPU fan goes on high. Then it occurred to me that I did not hear the fan increase at all up until that point, as it had in the previous test. So I think it got too hot and protected itself.

Is there a better way to edit this kext? I'm normally pretty self-sufficient with these things, but today is not my day I guess. Thanks.

Works with 10.12.3 public beta. All kext edits have to re accomplished.

I get 64 compute units and incorrect speed with my rx 480. I get ~13400 at luxman (10800 previously). Where did I go wrong?

Edit: I applied the wrong set of corrections. Still get Baffin and incorrect speed in LuxMark though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back