Contribute
Register

Enable Airdrop for Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
My airdrop problems and other continuity stuffs resolved after configuring the iMessage properly with good S/N. Take a look at iMessage guide. (On Sierra)
Hi,

Could you please give more explanation about how you solved this problem?

Thank you.

Agreed! I'm not following what I'm missing here. What else do I need to get Airdrop working?

Hi, Just updated to High Sierra (clean vanilla install), everything works ok except Airdrop (with 10.12.6 and "defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1" it worked)
I´ve never get to work Imessage and Facetime with previous versions.
The strange thing is that now it says that the "airdrop item" is missing???

Screenshot at Dec 03 14-30-37.png

Can someone help?

Thanks! Confirm 10.12.6 Hack - solved

I'm having this issue too
Ps.: I don't have a wireless card or adapter (do I need it?)

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 22.02.07.png

I have a GMYLE BT (BCM20702) dongle recognized using BRCMPatchRam kext. I have an Ethernet connection to my network. The system report says Handoff not supported. Do I need a PCIE WiFi card to enable Air Drop/Handoff or is there a workaround ?

yes, you do... I have purchased TPLINK USB wifi device, Archer T2u. It worked. You can give it a shot

How does your USB wifi device work for airdrop/handoff ? I thought this required an internal PCIe wifi card ?

How does your USB wifi device work for airdrop/handoff ? I thought this required an internal PCIe wifi card ?
it seems you are right... my airdrop seems does not work...the command only enable the appearance of airdrop in Folder, but not the actual function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back