Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P7P55D-M Pro
CPU
Intel Core i3 550
Graphics
AMD Radeon R7 240
Tried all the methods, can't for the life of me make the change.
Anyone willing to help?
Sierra 10.12.6 on P7P55D-E, i7 870, Radeon R7 240.
Currently using NullEthernet.kext without results.

Attached are IOReg and tableset...

Attachments

• report.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
Currently using NullEthernet.kext without results.
Not surprising, try RealtekRTL8111.kext instead.
Also enable FixLAN in your config.plist - Acpi.

Not surprising, try RealtekRTL8111.kext instead.
Also enable FixLAN in your config.plist - Acpi.
well what I meant is I am using NullEthernet.kext AND RealtekRTL8111.kext.

I thought NullEthernet was meant as a fix to use in addition to the actual Ethernet kext...

There should be no need for NullEthernet.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext should be sufficient.

There should be no need for NullEthernet.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext should be sufficient.
And instead.. still not "builtin".

Any other idea? Anything else I can share for you to examine?

Attachments

• report.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • config.plist
    24.9 KB · Views: 113
And instead.. still not "builtin".

Any other idea? Anything else I can share for you to examine?

Hi there.

Looking at your config.plist there seems to be quite a lot of "old" stuff in there. It's unusually big for your needs. There's a lot that can be removed, maybe from previous builds? I saw "Lion" and "backlight" references in there. Lots of Intel graphics settings too. Are you using both Intel AND the R7 240? I know some builders do for rendering etc., but there still seems a lot of code there. You also have Kernel Patches for 10.13 and 10.14. My guess is they're not needed for 10.12.6 etc. I can see you've ticked them as Disabled but maybe worth cleaning-out to simplify things.

Also - go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist. Then reboot and recheck LAN status.

As @P1LGRIM says, only the Realtek kext is needed as it seems to cover the LAN on your motherboard :thumbup:

:)

Hi there.

Looking at your config.plist there seems to be quite a lot of "old" stuff in there. It's unusually big for your needs. There's a lot that can be removed, maybe from previous builds? I saw "Lion" and "backlight" references in there. Lots of Intel graphics settings too. Are you using both Intel AND the R7 240? I know some builders do for rendering etc., but there still seems a lot of code there. You also have Kernel Patches for 10.13 and 10.14. My guess is they're not needed for 10.12.6 etc. I can see you've ticked them as Disabled but maybe worth cleaning-out to simplify things.

Also - go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist. Then reboot and recheck LAN status.

As @P1LGRIM says, only the Realtek kext is needed as it seems to cover the LAN on your motherboard :thumbup:

Hello, finally getting back to you and thanks for the suggestion.

Could you maybe point out which are the parts of config.plist that should be left out? I am not a huge expert and I usually modify it through Clover Configurator, and for example I don't see referemces to Intel in there...

Hello, finally getting back to you and thanks for the suggestion.

Could you maybe point out which are the parts of config.plist that should be left out? I am not a huge expert and I usually modify it through Clover Configurator, and for example I don't see referemces to Intel in there...

I know what you mean. Clover Configurator doesn't show everything that is "old" or "Disabled". No idea why. If you load config.plist into TextEdit instead then scroll through you'll see what I mean. Plenty of Intel GPU stuff. As I mentioned before, a lot of the excess code is disabled (CC does show the 10.13 and 10.14 patches however) but I don't know why it's there to start with. So to kind-of drill down to find out where the problem really is, I'd suggest removing all the un-needed stuff.

If you aren't confident doing that you could always try:

rename your present config.plist to something like config-old.plist

copy the config.plist from your UniBeast stick into your EFI/CLOVER folder.

Now when you boot Clover you will be able to choose which one to try from the Clover menu. Just move the cursor past the drives onto the second row and onto "Options". In this menu, second line down: Configs - you can select which config.plist to boot with.

Try with the UniBeast version. Some stuff will not work any more but you can then use MultiBeast v9.2.1 to add any "missing" drivers. Hopefully this may just get the hardware back in order.

If it goes pear-shaped you can reboot and select config-old.plist to get back to where you are now.

Going back to the network problem, did you try removing the NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back