MSI Z370i Pro Gaming Carbon AC
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 460
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have a working hackintosh which works great besides some minor issues I'm still investigating. I noticed though that my PCI list is empty. I'm pretty sure I have entries on my previous Z170 build on El Capitan.

One issue that I have for my Z370 HS build is the built in Bluetooth which used to work on Sierra.

Anyway, is the empty PCI list relevant to the bluetooth issue?

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 10.41.33 AM.png

I don't think it's relevant. If I'm not mistaken, entry in the PCI section is just cosmetic. I don't have the same system specs as you but I was finally able to fill in all the entries in the PCI section using SSDTs. Maybe you were using SSDTs with your other system as well.

I don't think it's relevant. If I'm not mistaken, entry in the PCI section is just cosmetic. I don't have the same system specs as you but I was finally able to fill in all the entries in the PCI section using SSDTs. Maybe you were using SSDTs with your other system as well.

I do have an SSDT for that build. I copied it from an existing build guide here as well. Anyways, if it's just cosmetics only then I can put that at the end of my to-do list. Always feels good when when everything seems perfect, even if its just cosmetics
Did you create your own SSDT? Can you share some useful links on how to.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a working hackintosh which works great besides some minor issues I'm still investigating. I noticed though that my PCI list is empty. I'm pretty sure I have entries on my previous Z170 build on El Capitan.

One issue that I have for my Z370 HS build is the built in Bluetooth which used to work on Sierra.

View attachment 343603

Even on real iMacs, that section is blank. The majority of people don't bother trying to get that section filled out. Even when they do, what appears is very different from what you would see on say a MacPro5,1.

One method of getting that section filled out involves using a DSDT. Using DSDTs can be a pain because you may have to redo the DSDT every time you make changes such as updating BIOS, upgrading RAM, etc. It's just more trouble than it's worth for something that's strictly cosmetic.

If you really don't know white's in the PCI-e slots of your own computer need software to tell you, you can use DPCI Manager.

Hi,

View attachment 343603
Upload your entire EFI folder and I can fix the PCI list for you
NnRr3Jw.png

Even on real iMacs, that section is blank. The majority of people don't bother trying to get that section filled out. Even when they do, what appears is very different from what you would see on say a MacPro5,1.

One method of getting that section filled out involves using a DSDT. Using DSDTs can be a pain because you may have to redo the DSDT every time you make changes such as updating BIOS, upgrading RAM, etc. It's just more trouble than it's worth for something that's strictly cosmetic.

If you really don't know white's in the PCI-e slots of your own computer need software to tell you, you can use DPCI Manager.
Thats why you use SSDTs instead, no need to change them after a BIOs update.

NnRr3Jw.png

Thats why you use SSDTs instead, no need to change them after a BIOs update.

Here's my EFI. Would love to see the SSDT. Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 389
Here's my EFI. Would love to see the SSDT. Thanks.
Oh my bad I forgot to also ask for you to go to Clover boot menu and hit F4 and then boot into macOS normally and then upload your entire EFI. The reason for that is because Clover will dump your original DSDT in EFI>Clover>ACPI>origin and I need that in order to make sure SSDTs are correctly addressed to the correct devices.

Oh my bad I forgot to also ask for you to go to Clover boot menu and hit F4 and then boot into macOS normally and then upload your entire EFI. The reason for that is because Clover will dump your original DSDT in EFI>Clover>ACPI>origin and I need that in order to make sure SSDTs are correctly addressed to the correct devices.

Here you go. Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.8 MB · Views: 352
I do have an SSDT for that build. I copied it from an existing build guide here as well. Anyways, if it's just cosmetics only then I can put that at the end of my to-do list. Always feels good when when everything seems perfect, even if its just cosmetics
Did you create your own SSDT? Can you share some useful links on how to.

Thanks.

@Pavo, is the right person to help with this. He helped me in creating SSDTs for my system.

Hi. Here's my EFI with Clover's F4 dump. Could you send the raw data or the editable file as well so I could study and learn from it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back