Contribute
Register

[EMERGENCY] After updating clover (with the configurator) and updating the APFS.efi i cannot boot

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.
Sorry for the title but i use this computer for work and i'm stuck.
Luckily for me i had this old yosemite HD from which i'm writing now and i can access my original sierra hard drive from here.
I had a perfectly working High Sierra 10.13.5 installation but after updating clover with the configurator and copying the new attached apfs.efi (from here) to this folder /usr/standalone/i386/ i now can't boot into the hard drive.

Clover runs like usual but when i select my usual hard drive i get a black window and the loading bar doesn't show up.
Did i do something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? Can i restore the original APFS file? Is there something wrong with clover?

As explained i can work from this Yosemite hard drive and access the high sierra drive.
Please i need your help.
Thanks.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
copying the new attached apfs.efi (from here) to this folder /usr/standalone/i386/ i now can't boot into the hard drive.
Wrong location - apfs.efi should be in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on the EFI partition.
When you install or upgrade the installer updates the file in /usr/standalone/i386/.

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so how to fix this?
Can i restore the file i replaced?
Wrong location - apfs.efi should be in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on the EFI partition.
When you install or upgrade the installer updates the file in /usr/standalone/i386/.

I apologise for being frantic, but i'm sweating bullets here.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, but consider i replaced the file in /usr/standalone/i386/ with the file tonymac86 attached to the thread
It should still be useable.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
how can i access this folder /usr/standalone/i386/ from an other drive? As explained i'm currently on an old yosemite drive
Install Clover onto a USB flash drive.
Put apfs.efi into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on the EFI partition.
Boot from the USB and at the boot loader screen select your hard drive and boot.