Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, eMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here's my eMac mod I did over winter break. It has an i5-8600k, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, a 2TB SSHD, and a GTX 1050Ti. The mobo is a GA-H370N-WIFI with a BCM94360CS2 (that won't show up on both mac and windows, can someone help with that?) and it works great. And yes, I am aware that the bezel looks strange since I used hand tools to do it and the blade was really dull :/

also the paint job was pretty difficult but i did learn that using light coats will make it look nicer
part3.jpgpart325.jpgpart375.jpgpart3251.jpgpart_4_graphics_card_by_superlions16.jpgpart_4.5_mobo_by_superlions16.jpgpart_4.25_power_supply_maybe_not_by_superlions16.jpgScreen Shot 2019-01-02 at 5.58.06 PM.png
..And I am still waiting on NVIDIA to release their Mojave web drivers.
Anyways, it doesn't have internal speakers yet and it's a mess of wires in there, and I couldn't manage it very well.
The LCD was an old 5:4 one that came out of a dead school monitor and it works fine with a new board. :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, eMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Nice look with the paint. I can't believe you crammed all of that in there. My eHack is pretty messy inside without the graphics card.

What are your thoughts on the motherboard you used?
Thanks for the feedback! I kinda want to paint it purple, because it's my favorite flavor. The motherboard is good, but the USB3.0 header is highly flawed, as I got one pin to bend back, but the other came off. Luckily, the pin that came off was just the ID pin, and without it the ports will always run at 2.0 speeds, which meets my standards. I did install the original WiFi card and I did go back to Windows 10. Now I am just waiting to find some internal M.2 antennas and also waiting for NVIDIA to release 10.14 drivers.

Also, one more thing about the paint, it's way too cold to spray paint. Ugh, winter weather can be a PAIN

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2VP
CPU
i5-2400K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
ok. sorry for being honest but i think it might be your first Build?
The cutting is a mess but these Apple plastics are very tough. I had to experience this by myself.
The color is in my eyes a very ugly but it is only my opinion.
cramping all in the space nice job.
way too much hot glue but that's exactly how i started.
so keep up tweaking your eMac. Nice it gets a new life. And please keep us informed.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, eMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
ok. sorry for being honest but i think it might be your first Build?
The cutting is a mess but these Apple plastics are very tough. I had to experience this by myself.
The color is in my eyes a very ugly but it is only my opinion.
cramping all in the space nice job.
way too much hot glue but that's exactly how i started.
so keep up tweaking your eMac. Nice it gets a new life. And please keep us informed.
Yes, this is my first build. I know about the color, I really regret painting it anyway :lol:
I did actually fix up the cutting a bit, and hopefully I can improve this project in the future. I'm sure there's a way to remove the paint, and hopefully I can restore the plastics to the original color and make them look good again.
However, I have a PowerMac G4 case that i'm probably going to move everything to anyway, so I'm not really sure about it anymore, but thank you for the feedback!
I know it's rough and I don't have access to every power tool my mom and dad use, which kinda sucks tbh. Hopefully the G4 mod I'm planning will work out well!

Here's a more updated picture of the bezel, it still looks rough but it definitely looks much more neat ^^
I'm going over the metal edges with black paint so that it looks more consistent.
If I can't remove the paint i'll probably paint it a matte black or something, but I would like to keep an iMac G3-esque look on it.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2VP
CPU
i5-2400K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
matte black is a neat idea. I painted my g4 also matte black. and yes I do also not have the best tools and I destroyed now 3 front panels from a g4 (I need more!!!) while cutting a hole inside. So I do know the pain it is. try to glue some sort of small metal stick on the inside ob the bezel and then you can try to file the edges. long hard work but it is worth it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, eMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
eh, i'm just thinking about moving this entire project to an original-looking G4 graphite case with a laser hive kit.
that way, i'll have much more options for I/O and finally be able to use a better power supply. i'm planning on moving almost everything, besides I prefer the G4 tower design over this cancerous paint i've already put on the thing sooo yeah
also, i'm having issues with the layout of the eMac case and i can't really change that
stay tuned, the G4 case move will be finished soon.

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
512K, Plus
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, this is my first build. I know about the color, I really regret painting it anyway :lol:
I did actually fix up the cutting a bit, and hopefully I can improve this project in the future. I'm sure there's a way to remove the paint, and hopefully I can restore the plastics to the original color and make them look good again.
However, I have a PowerMac G4 case that i'm probably going to move everything to anyway, so I'm not really sure about it anymore, but thank you for the feedback!
I know it's rough and I don't have access to every power tool my mom and dad use, which kinda sucks tbh. Hopefully the G4 mod I'm planning will work out well!
View attachment 412073
Here's a more updated picture of the bezel, it still looks rough but it definitely looks much more neat ^^
I'm going over the metal edges with black paint so that it looks more consistent.
If I can't remove the paint i'll probably paint it a matte black or something, but I would like to keep an iMac G3-esque look on it.
No critique from me! Good job.