Contribute
Register

Elitedesk 800 G4 - Hackintosh Compatibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only problem with framebuffer.
And uhd 630 acceleration.
Anyway thanks a lot for your help :)

I'm glad I can confirm my HP ProDesk 600 G4 i7-8700 is a running Hackintosh.
System Model: HP Elitedesk 600 G4 SFF, 256Gb NVMe, 16Gb (2*8Gb), DVD-RW, Dell U3415W
Processor: Intel Core i7 8700
Graphics: Intel UHD 630

Sleep/wake is unreliable. Wifi and Bluetooth are not (yet) working as I am waiting for delivery of a PCI-card to put in my Broadcom BCM94360CDAX. Everything else I can think of works.

ItalFrk i have the g4 mini....i58500T cpu...how get it to work...always hangs at APFs...Thanks much..

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6. Don't want to upgrade to Catalina. My scanner/printer (Samsung SCX-3405) isn't supported. My EFI you will find attached. I use Clover as bootloader. Wifi works due to a PCI-card with Broadcom BCM94360CDAX. Bluetooth works with a Asus USB-BT400 dongle.

I've got it in working in a dual boot configuration. OSX next to Windows10Home. No issues (besides sleep/wake).

The tutorial for the HP EliteDesk series computers was very helpfull setting up my computer as a Hackintosh. I had to add the USBInjectAll.kext to the USB-stick (in Clover, kexts, Other) to prevent mouse pointer freezes during installation of OSX.

Feel free to ask me for more information.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
*** Deleted - superseded by post below ***

Last edited:
Really sorry. I didn't see your message before. I hope to be usefull. Do you need BIO Settings? use this: https://github.com/randyzhong/OS-X-HP-EliteDesk-800-G3-DM-Clover

Best Regards!

Thank you for your post. It got me started with my solution (which ended up being significantly different). I compared my G4 EFI (see my solution here) to your G4 EFI and noticed the following differences. Posting in case this helps anyone.
  • I'm not using any of the XHCI..kexts. Use USBInjectAll.kext with custom SSDT-UIAC (created with Hackintool)
  • I'm not using CodecCommander. I'm using AppleALC with Layout ID 28
  • I'm using IntelMausi for Ethernet, Lilu / WhateverGreen for multi-display IGPU
  • See device properties in my config.plist for IGPU properties I used for 3 DP ports (with DP -> DVI adapter)
  • I injected IGPU device properties with Clover properties / WEG, so I'm not using Clover ig-platform-id
  • I used different KextsToPatch. The most important kext patch for me was the AppleGraphicsDisplayPolicy patch to allow multiple displays with UHD 630 IGPU
  • I'm using MacMini8,1 instead of iMac18,1. I think it's a much better SMBIOS match for the EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini

Last edited:
I started a new HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini thread here. I'll be updating this to become a guide.

ItalFrk i have the g4 mini....i58500T cpu...how get it to work...always hangs at APFs...Thanks much..

Did you ever get this to work? I have the same G4 mini with the i5 8500 processor and am currently getting hung up at the APFs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back