Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8760w - ??Success??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booted just fine. Had to do EXACTLY as guide points out to restore audio device, but otherwise no difference. HERE is the link to EFI folder. ( I forgot to zip it up, so its the raw folder on G-Drive)
I selected the same options as the last time and now it works and the EFI folder and files look exactly the same when compared.
Don't know what was going on, may have been one or two too many glasses of wine last time..:crazy:.. or just done it so many times I forgot which time required which steps?

Only one more question, I selected Elitebook Logos during the install of PBI CE, where are they, not in "About this Mac" or while booting. Do I have to do something special to enable them or is this a bug? Thought I read somewhere that they weren't working with 10.10, or 10.10.1 again, maybe just too much wine :crazy:

Thanks again bro, one thing for sure I have a few backups this time around, but seems much more stable than the YZ installs i had tried earlier.

BR
Duane

If it works for you, so there is no changes in my guide right? Thanks for testing.

The EliteBook logos will appear when you select Display in about this mac, and other places when the laptop icon is required. The laptop logo is shown in about this mac for 10.9.x, but now only OS X logo is displayed there.

You will see it here and there for sure lol.

We still have 8x60w nVidia model, but no one has complete report for that model yet.

Correct your guide is spot on, Excellent Guide.

Tax time may bring a nVidia card to me for this laptop, we'll see.

Thanks for developing this, wanted to get a little experience on a Mac for job purposes and probably know more about them than most long time users already.

You and your team (?) have done a great job.

Nguyenmac Said...
for wifi, check the compatible in my guide, I believe that 8x60w has the same whitelisted BIOS as 8x60p, so only one card is available for your laptop.

Bad news for 8760w owners I'm afraid. I recieved my HP-582564-001 today and the Bios wasn't having anything to do with it. Would not boot. Tried it in both the WLAN slot alone, and the WWAN Slot alone as well as trying the original WLAN card in it's spot with the 582564 in the WWAN slot. Unfortunately none of the above worked. For completeness of this post I did an EC Reset each time I pulled the battery from the beginning. Don't know if that was going to help or not, but figured it wasn't going to hurt. Also tried re installing the original and rebooting, then shut down and install the new one without an EC Reset, still no joy.

Maybe someone will crack the encryption on the bios some day, until then I have a nice small D-Link Gaming adapter on a cable for network access.

Keep up the good work folks, Aside from the Wifi 10.10.1 has been rock solid on this machine and I'm actually enjoying it very much. It's kind of like Windows, except everything is backwards, now with a new and improved *nix based backend.

Nguyenmac Said... Bad news for 8760w owners I'm afraid. I recieved my HP-582564-001 today and the Bios wasn't having anything to do with it. Would not boot. Tried it in both the WLAN slot alone, and the WWAN Slot alone as well as trying the original WLAN card in it's spot with the 582564 in the WWAN slot. Unfortunately none of the above worked. For completeness of this post I did an EC Reset each time I pulled the battery from the beginning. Don't know if that was going to help or not, but figured it wasn't going to hurt. Also tried re installing the original and rebooting, then shut down and install the new one without an EC Reset, still no joy. Maybe someone will crack the encryption on the bios some day, until then I have a nice small D-Link Gaming adapter on a cable for network access. Keep up the good work folks, Aside from the Wifi 10.10.1 has been rock solid on this machine and I'm actually enjoying it very much. It's kind of like Windows, except everything is backwards, now with a new and improved *nix based backend.
According to this http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c02847569-1.pdf, you're right.

I have also a HP 8760w.
Just downloading Yosemite from the AppStore to prepare the boot stick for the installation.

I'm really new in this topic.
Following the standard installation guide for Yosemite. Anything to consider?
If you have any tips that would be nice.

Thx in advance :beachball:

Bad news for 8760w owners I'm afraid. I recieved my HP-582564-001 today and the Bios wasn't having anything to do with it.

Unfortunately, 8x60w and 8x60p models have different whitelists. In this post they have been compared. Also, the newest BIOS F60a has been analysed for whitelists on 8560w. And it looks like that the Broadcom 43224AGN may be whitelisted for it (not tested!). Its spare part number is 582564-002. My guess is that this 002 part number "may" be a fit for 8x60w because it is already mentioned for 8x60p and current BIOS analysis "hints" into that direction. But still there is high risk that this combination still does not work.

Dear Dtrud0h,

many thanks for your files. Thanks your help just installed OS X Capitan in my HP 8760W.

Just Im waiting to test the wifi broadcom 43224.

NO way to run AppleHDA vanilla with patch to get sound. Succeed with voodooHDA.

Regarding USB 3.0 I tried RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014-1016 but no luck.

Any help welcome.

Dear Dtrud0h,

many thanks for your files. Thanks your help just installed OS X Capitan in my HP 8760W.

Just Im waiting to test the wifi broadcom 43224.

NO way to run AppleHDA vanilla with patch to get sound. Succeed with voodooHDA.

Regarding USB 3.0 I tried RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014-1016 but no luck.

Any help welcome.

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

You are right....I apologize.

I will read all rules and follow them.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back