Graphics
ATI Whistler Radeon HD 6730M/6770M/7690M XT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've just finished installing my first Hackintosh with Mavericks. It works more or less but the graphics is in some cases horribly slow. Safari is practically useless, mission control and the dash board ditto. I can see the layers being drawn very slowly in these apps. Youtube works perfectly, and other UI elements are drawn correctly.

I've studied many tutorials but I'm a bit lost and couldn't find a definite answer for this issue. I'd highly appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

I've just finished installing my first Hackintosh with Mavericks. It works more or less but the graphics is in some cases horribly slow. Safari is practically useless, mission control and the dash board ditto. I can see the layers being drawn very slowly in these apps. Youtube works perfectly, and other UI elements are drawn correctly.

I've studied many tutorials but I'm a bit lost and couldn't find a definite answer for this issue. I'd highly appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

No one knows what graphics chip is in your laptop.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Thanks, I've updated my profile with data from lspci and /proc/cpuinfo (ubuntu).

Thanks, I've updated my profile with data from lspci and /proc/cpuinfo (ubuntu).

You probably need to do something to activate the Radeon drivers. Start with GraphicsEnabler=Y and search for additional information by looking for guides/information for laptops with similar hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back