Graphics
ATI HD 6770M (FirePro M5950)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It took me a while to sort out how to get 8560w up and running on public beta 2/3... Since I upgraded as soon as it was available, there was no post in the forum saying that it won't work due to new integrity check. Anyway, herewith a brief of how I get it running again.

1. I follow this post to install both Yosemite and El Capitan Public Beta 1, both are working fine.
2. Also with some playing, I get both laptop display and VGA working well. Post here.
3. After upgrading directly to PB 2/3, I cannot boot anymore...
4. I have to use OS X runing under virtual machine to download and install latest Clover 3252. Link here. Also, follow the rest of the post to move kexts around. Be sure to use flag 0x67 instead of 0x65 so that battery and sound can be fully working.
5. I think AMD6000 kext has been updated after PB 2/3, therefore my injection could not work again. For now, if you want to have laptop display, use framebuffer Cattail. Otherwise if you want to have VGA working only, then use framebuffer Ipomoea.

Good luck. :)

UPDATE*

After some trying, I think the framebuffer connector data doesn't change. But I use Ipomoea for injection and it works.

UPDATE*

After some trying, I think the framebuffer connector data doesn't change. But I use Ipomoea for injection and it works.

So only problem is rootless=0 and you have to remove it? I will to check it out.

EDIT: I don't think you need to copy kexts from /S/L/E to /L/E.

So only problem is rootless=0 and you have to remove it? I will to check it out.

EDIT: I don't think you need to copy kexts from /S/L/E to /L/E.

rootless=0 will do nothing. No need to add or remove it...

Kexts can be in /S/L/E or /L/E. As most know, kext injection is broken.

And of course, need to disable SIP. CSR flags in NVRAM are the new rootless=0.

rootless=0 will do nothing. No need to add or remove it...

Kexts can be in /S/L/E or /L/E. As most know, kext injection is broken.

And of course, need to disable SIP. CSR flags in NVRAM are the new rootless=0.

I got the SIP.

So what's the new way to make installer usb now?

I got the SIP.

No idea what you mean.

So what's the new way to make installer usb now?

Same way, but you have to boot to single user mode and kextload the required kexts instead of relying on kext injection.

Until kext inject is fixed in Clover...

Odds are that patch to enable unsigned kexts with sip enabled probably won't work by the time gm releases
Which would break kext injection again. Its mentioned in the post

PikeRAlpha's method does not use kext injection (RevoBoot does not have the feature).

Clover's kext injection is currently broken, so you must use native methods (kextload) to load the kexts required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back