i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I tried using dortania’s guide and using XXCoreRangerX’s 1.2.1 EFI folder but I can’t get my laptop to boot straight to opencore. I keeps going to windows. I can only get to opencore that has my windows and Ventura partition using my installer flash drive. Also my WiFi and mouse don’t work.

I tried using dortania’s guide and using XXCoreRangerX’s 1.2.1 EFI folder but I can’t get my laptop to boot straight to opencore. I keeps going to windows. I can only get to opencore that has my windows and Ventura partition using my installer flash drive. Also my WiFi and mouse don’t work.

Ps
I used the search bar.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
the link above should help...

hardware profile....

and also a link to the laptop guide....

I don't know if I went about it the correct way (I'm no expert!) but I created a boot sequence in BIOS to boot to my open core EFI on internal SSD (assuming you have copied the EFI folder from your installer flash drive to the internal SSD).

IMG_8370.jpeg

If I boot windows from the open core menu it causes issues with windows (trackpad not working properly amongst other things) so I created another boot sequence in BIOS to boot straight to Windows before the open core menu appears, windows then works without issues.

I don't switch between macOS & windows that often so it's no big deal for me to switch boot sequence in the BIOS when I want to switch OS.

IMG_8371.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know if I went about it the correct way (I'm no expert!) but I created a boot sequence in BIOS to boot to my open core EFI on internal SSD (assuming you have copied the EFI folder from your installer flash drive to the internal SSD).

View attachment 563520

If I boot windows from the open core menu it causes issues with windows (trackpad not working properly amongst other things) so I created another boot sequence in BIOS to boot straight to Windows before the open core menu appears, windows then works without issues.

I don't switch between macOS & windows that often so it's no big deal for me to switch boot sequence in the BIOS when I want to switch OS.

View attachment 563521
are you running this on a Elitebook 840 G4?

are you running this on a Elitebook 840 G4?

Apologies for the late reply, no I'm using a Dell Latitude 7300, I thought the info might still be relevant tho

Back