Contribute
Register

ElCapitan + Zotac GTX750ti correct resolution but flickers! 0MB VRam???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P67A-UD3
CPU
i7-2600K OC @ 4.2Ghz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As the tittle says I'm trying to get 10.11.2 OS X running with a Zotac GeForce gtx750ti 2gb ddr5 (2xDVI + Mini HDMI) to run smoothly.

Finally got past the installer and got the resolution correct. Well, now the problem is to get the Graphics working properly.
For some weird reason even though I don't have qe enabled, I still got the resolution right 1080p display via DVI.

My Clover settings are; Boot: only checked "nv_disable=1" (can't boot with out it!) and "dart=0"; Product Name iMac12,1; GPU Inject NVIDIA;

I have tried so many combo's such as
"dart=0 nvda_drv=1 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1" NOPE!
"dart=0 nv_disable=1" NOPE!
"NVIDIA: Inject/NoInject" but I can only booted with INJECT!

it seems that I can't boot with "nvda_drv =1" WHY????

By the way I have the latest Nvidia Web Drivers "346.03.04f02 (Up to date)" last checked 12/16/15

Please any help would be appreciated!

After trial and error... and some coffee (needed a break).... Well, I got it fixed!

What I did is, reinstalled everything again (NOT the OS), but started with the El Capitan "Post-Installation" package made by TonyMac (thanks a bunch!)
Basically it reinstalled the basic Kexts for OSX. Then I reinstalled Nvidia Web Drivers (latest at the time of installing).
went back to Clover Configurator, and started from scratch.
In summary, the commands that worked for me was: dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1
Lastly, my cards needed "InjectNvidia" checked!

Rebooted, and the resolution was 1080p, animation was smooth, screen saver worked, and even the profile about this mac showed the correct card "Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti" and the same settings also worked with my "MSi GeForce GTX 660"

The only problem is that the VRam is 0MB???
Anyone knows if that is just cosmetic or does it affect performance or apps from running properly???

I did notice performance degraded with El Capitan. Yosemite got better score in both Cinebench and Heaven Unigine 4.

Hi, I managed to get it work with correct WebDriver-346.03.15f09.pkg as my os version is
15G1611
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.30.01.png

I have video projector too

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.32.56.png

I just need to figure out how to get that PRM-25 work at its native 1280 x 800 resolution. I did it in Lion with some EDID edits. Need to look at the guides again.

Oh, I almost forgot, I needed to define RAM modules in Clover Memory section too. Otherwise it was showing as "RAM: 8GB?" with no frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back