ASUS N552VW-FI202T (Clover)
CPU
i7-6700HQ/HM170
Graphics
HD 530 + Georce GTX 960M, 3840x2160
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hola amigos!

Yesterday, while installing NVidia drivers for GeForce GTX 780ti on my new ElCapitan hackintosh, I was just wondering why couldn't MultiBeast just install them on his own.
I mean, the drivers are all the same for all GeForce GTX (almost...?) so even if MultiBeast could just install an outdated driver (the first one for each apple update) then it would be easier to update it and would take just a reboot (instead of setting multibeast and then installing it or viceversa).
I'm probably making it much easier than it is if this drivers hadn't been added yet, so in this case could you please explain me the reason for not adding them? Thanks for your attention, have a nice day,

JamesMaloney

Because then it would also have to be optimized so that it would install under all MAC IDs, and a routine would need to be installed to probe whether one has an ATI or a nVidia card, and if it does have an an nVidia card to only install it for certain flavours, and an auto-update mechanism so that the latest version gets installed.

Since the video is many times the hardest thing to get working it is best to use a simple baseline, and then once one knows that it works (no kernel panics) then one can upgrade to the latest version.

Besides, it's hard enough making sure that the disc drive gets updated, if one auto-updates MultiBeast it is likely to write into the EFI of the USB drive, in which case if it doesn't work then you will not be able to ever use that USB stick to recover the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back