Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo T480s
CPU
Kaby Lake
Graphics
Intel UHD620
The objective of this project is to provide support to the ELAN Touchpads which use SMBUS to report the touch information.

It has been created to work on the Thinkpad T480s but it should be easy to adapt it to other laptops.

"New ICs are using a different scheme for the alternate bus parameter. Given that they are new and are only using either PS2 only or PS2 + SMBus Host Notify, we force those new ICs to use the SMBus solution for enhanced reporting. This allows the touchpad found on the Lenovo T480s to report 5 fingers every 8 ms, instead of having a limit of 2 every 8 ms."
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10324629/

Requirements
  • Obvious, but make sure that you have an ELAN touchpad connected via PS2 & SMBUS. (you can confirm this by using lspci in Linux)
  • Basic knowledge about hotpatching, kext installation, plist modification. As no support regarding this topics will be provided.
  • Rehabman VoodooPS2Controller.kext for the keyboard to work.
  • Latest version of ElanSMBus.kext provided.
  • SMBUS hotpatch provided SSDT-SMBUS.dsl and config.plist patches similar to CoolStar ones SMBUS patches.
  • Disable the trackpad in Bios settings. (Trackpad support not implemented yet)
Installation

wow nice work man. I have a T480S, let me know if you need testing help implementing power management. thanks.

Great work!!! I also use a t480s and still have problems with the 2 other trackpad solutions. So really like your module. Already did a test - and it already works quite good.
Real problem for now is that you can't suspend your t480s - as the driver is not working after waking up the laptop. Is this related to the power management mentioned by @mdub ?

Hello, yes, when implemented the power management will fix the issues with the sleep/wake up. I need to find some time...

Hi @ant2025, any progress on the power management problem? Any way I can help? Maybe with testing?

Hi, not really. I haven't had time to make and test the changes

is there anyway to port this to work on the T480? The T480 has a synaptics touchpad on PS2 and SMBUS.

really looking forward to your super promising project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back