i5-10300H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I am relatively new in hackintosh builds. I have installed Big Sur 11.5.2 to my Lenovo Gaming 3i laptop (i5-10300H, GTX1650, 12GB RAM, Samsung 860 EVO SSD). The installation was done using an EFI which I found online. The EFI belongs to higher spec version of my same laptop. Right now I have working keyboard, usb port mapping is done, CPU power management works, iGPU works without any problem, sound works (no VoodooHDA), shortcut keys for volume and brightness works, sleep works. The main problem is with touchpad which doesnt work.(it glitches/jumps, pointer movement looks like 2fps on screen). I couldnt get it working. And now I have even more stupid problem, I realised that when I change, delete or update Voodoo kext related to keyboard or trackpad my system doesn't boot. I get error which is attacked to the thread. Thats why I cannot even try different kexts. What should I do to not get this error?

Also I have found one more method (Touchpad-Guide.md )which requires write access on root directory but I dont know how to pass security.

This method doesnt work:

sudo mount -uw /

I get this error:
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66

While trying to get root write access I broke my install and needed to reinstall everything again.

The EFI which I am using right now is attached here:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 115
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-12 at 6.03.42 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-12 at 6.03.42 PM.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello,
I am relatively new in hackintosh builds. I have installed Big Sur 11.5.2 to my Lenovo Gaming 3i laptop (i5-10300H, GTX1650, 12GB RAM, Samsung 860 EVO SSD). The installation was done using an EFI which I found online. The EFI belongs to higher spec version of my same laptop. Right now I have working keyboard, usb port mapping is done, CPU power management works, iGPU works without any problem, sound works (no VoodooHDA), shortcut keys for volume and brightness works, sleep works. The main problem is with touchpad which doesnt work.(it glitches/jumps, pointer movement looks like 2fps on screen). I couldnt get it working. And now I have even stupid problem, I realised that when I change, delete or update Voodoo kext related to keyboard or trackpad my system doesnt boot. I get error which is attacked to the thread. Thats why I cannot even try different kexts. What should I do to not get this error?

Also I have found one more method (Touchpad-Guide.md )which requires write access on rood directory but I dont know how to pass security.

This method doesnt work:

sudo mount -uw /

I get this error:
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66

While trying to get root write access I broke my install and needed to reinstall everything again.

The EFI which I am using right now is attached here:
you need to compare your config.plist with the sample.plist from opencore and sort those issues out

also you need to remove your unsupported nvidia card from your hardware profile and replace it with your intel graphics:

That's a lot of errors. I'd take some time with ocvalidate (comes with OC under the utilities folder) to update your config.plist, and get rid of all those errors. If your using OC 0.7.3, the drivers field changed to not just be an array of strings. The EFI also renames EC0 to EC, which can break booting other OSes like Windows through OC.

Your kexts do look correct, I'd make sure that your in trackpad is being ran in interrupt mode, not polling mode. Your EFI just has a DSDT.aml so it's hard to see what's been changed or not. You could try using VoodooI2CElans instead of VoodooI2CHID, though it is showing up as mstf0001, which leads me to believe it's a precision trackpad which would work with VoodooI2CHID.

If your having issues editing the config.plist without corrupting it, I'd try using an editor like ProperTree, which can do snapshots of your EFI. Probably would need to go in and manually disable VoodooPS2Trackpad/Mouse though after you do that.

Edit: You should not be needing to access the root volume btw for any of this. Messing with it would also break delta updates, giving you only ~13GB updates instead.

Last edited:
That's a lot of errors. I'd take some time with ocvalidate (comes with OC under the utilities folder) to update your config.plist, and get rid of all those errors. If your using OC 0.7.3, the drivers field changed to not just be an array of strings. The EFI also renames EC0 to EC, which can break booting other OSes like Windows through OC.

Your kexts do look correct, I'd make sure that your in trackpad is being ran in interrupt mode, not polling mode. Your EFI just has a DSDT.aml so it's hard to see what's been changed or not. You could try using VoodooI2CElans instead of VoodooI2CHID, though it is showing up as mstf0001, which leads me to believe it's a precision trackpad which would work with VoodooI2CHID.

If your having issues editing the config.plist without corrupting it, I'd try using an editor like ProperTree, which can do snapshots of your EFI. Probably would need to go in and manually disable VoodooPS2Trackpad/Mouse though after you do that.

Edit: You should not be needing to access the root volume btw for any of this. Messing with it would also break delta updates, giving you only ~13GB updates instead.
thank you for reply I will try to update my OC to 0.7.4 tomorrow continue trying new kexts which you have mentioned. I have 0.6.4 as OC version rn which is pretty old.

If I have problems or questions can I ask them to you through this post ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back