Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> ELAN trackpad no gestures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15 dk0xxx
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys I have an ELAN Trackpad on my Laptop. It used to work perfectly with OC on Catalina. But I did a fresh instal now and for some weird reason gestures are not working on it. The trackpad is only able to control the mouse pointer. Not even scrolling is working. Can anyon help me please?

you seem to be trying to load 2 voodooinput kexts
Can you please elaborate? I have a PS2 Keyboard for which I need VoodooPS2 controller. For trackpad I'm using VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID. Something wrong?

you can see in your config.plist that you are loading 2 VoodooInput kext plugins, you only need the one

also DSDT.aml is not recommended in OpenCore

also have a readup on:
Thank You very much Feartech. I just disabled one VoodooInput from config.plist and it enabled all the gestures. Is this correct way to do it?
Also, if I disable the DSDT my trackpad stops working. That is why I placed it there.

Thank You very much Feartech. I just disabled one VoodooInput from config.plist and it enabled all the gestures. Is this correct way to do it?
Also, if I disable the DSDT my trackpad stops working. That is why I placed it there.
yes, just load the one input

maybe look into hotpatching for GPI0 pinning? or do you use polling mode?

as the link above i gave you is for polling mode

yes, just load the one input

maybe look into hotpatching for GPI0 pinning? or do you use polling mode?

as the link above i gave you is for polling mode
Well to be honest, I'm not that much of an expert with patching etc. I am just using the DSDT I had from the times I use Clover. I think at that time I used Interrupt Mode to enable trackpad as I applied patches in DSDT. It will be very helpful if it possible for you to confirm if it is polling mode or interrupt mode? I just don't want to mess with it fearing it may render my trackpad useless.
Thanks

Well to be honest, I'm not that much of an expert with patching etc. I am just using the DSDT I had from the times I use Clover. I think at that time I used Interrupt Mode to enable trackpad as I applied patches in DSDT. It will be very helpful if it possible for you to confirm if it is polling mode or interrupt mode? I just don't want to mess with it fearing it may render my trackpad useless.
Thanks
try and test then with your DSDT and see how you get on with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back