Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Lenovo Flex 2-15 laptop and I got everything working (thanks to Rehabman's various guides). My laptop has Elan touchpad and while it works ok with Rehabman's OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller kext, I have 3 issues and I'm wondering if there's any way to fix them:

- Trackpad Prefpane is blank. It says "no trackpad found".
- Two-finger scrolling and other multi gestures don't work.
- While typing in Safari, Finder, or any other app sometimes the mouse pointer suddenly jumps to the left side of the screen and I lose the focus of textbox. If I disable the trackpad by pressing FN-F6 on the keyboard this problem gets fixed.

Although these issues are not a big deal, but it would be nice if there is any way to fix them.

Also I tried another kext called Elan Smart Touchpad kext. While it's a good work and fixes all above issues but the kext is buggy (issues with pointer precision and etc).

Keep up the good work and happy new year.

I have a Lenovo Flex 2-15 laptop and I got everything working (thanks to Rehabman's various guides). My laptop has Elan touchpad and while it works ok with Rehabman's OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller kext, I have 3 issues and I'm wondering if there's any way to fix them:

- Trackpad Prefpane is blank. It says "no trackpad found".
- Two-finger scrolling and other multi gestures don't work.
- While typing in Safari, Finder, or any other app sometimes the mouse pointer suddenly jumps to the left side of the screen and I lose the focus of textbox. If I disable the trackpad by pressing FN-F6 on the keyboard this problem gets fixed.

Although these issues are not a big deal, but it would be nice if there is any way to fix them.

Also I tried another kext called Elan Smart Touchpad kext. While it's a good work and fixes all above issues but the kext is buggy (issues with pointer precision and etc).

Keep up the good work and happy new year.

Unfortunately, those are your two choices.
With my VoodooPS2Controller.kext, no real ELAN trackpad support as the author of the ELAN kext has decided to keep it closed source. And I don't have any ELAN hardware, so no opportunity (or need) to create a kext for it.
You can enable some trackpad features in VoodooPS2Mouse.kext (Plugin of VoodooPS2Controller.kext) by enabling Act like Trackpad, but currently no support for the new 10.12 prefpane (it could be added).

So rehab man if I install VoodooPS2Mouse Kext as well as Voodoo PS2 Controller Kext I will theoretically be able to scroll using two fingers on 10.11?

So rehab man if I install VoodooPS2Mouse Kext as well as Voodoo PS2 Controller Kext I will theoretically be able to scroll using two fingers on 10.11?

VoodooPS2Mouse.kext is a Plugin of my VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
But the ELAN firmware does not have good mouse emulation.

Gotcha. Just to clarify is the emulation not good enough to enable two finger scroll on Elan. That's all I want besides normal trackpad funtionality. Is it worth my time? (I would test myself but don't have a spare mouse incase things go south)

Gotcha. Just to clarify is the emulation not good enough to enable two finger scroll on Elan. That's all I want besides normal trackpad funtionality. Is it worth my time? (I would test myself but don't have a spare mouse incase things go south)

As far as I know the ELAN firmware does not provide two finger scroll (scroll wheel emulation).

My Elan trackpad on Windows can detect up to 3 finger gestures. So no hope for Elan gesture on macos?

Search for PS2 kexts specifically for ELAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back