Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire S3 391 (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i5 3317U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000, 1366x768
Hey guys,

I am using two kexts View attachment ElanTouchpad_v2.zip to get my Elan Touchpad working. Now I can use gestures and do some settings in Settings>Trackpad. But now my problem is that I can't use the physical left button to drag something.

I know there is the possibility to drag with double tap but isn't there a better kext or dsdt-patch to make the physical button work for drag and drop?

It would be okay, if I couldn't do gestures anymore, but I need this physical button drag.

Hey guys,

I am using two kexts View attachment 141036 to get my Elan Touchpad working. Now I can use gestures and do some settings in Settings>Trackpad. But now my problem is that I can't use the physical left button to drag something.

I know there is the possibility to drag with double tap but isn't there a better kext or dsdt-patch to make the physical button work for drag and drop?

It would be okay, if I couldn't do gestures anymore, but I need this physical button drag.

It looks like that driver was originally designed for old v2 hardware Elan trackpads from circa 2007. The Acer in your profile should have a v4 trackpad. Try this Elan driver:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

Thank you, that solved my problem but now I have a "bug" with my keyboard. When I install Elan v4, for example the key 'i' returns '5' and '0' returns '/'. When I uninstall Elan v4 and use Elan v2, this bug disappears. What did I do wrong?

Thank you, that solved my problem but now I have a "bug" with my keyboard. When I install Elan v4, for example the key 'i' returns '5' and '0' returns '/'. When I uninstall Elan v4 and use Elan v2, this bug disappears. What did I do wrong?

Make sure you completely uninstall any remnants of any old kexts. Sounds like you have a conflicting PS2keyboard kext.

Make sure you completely uninstall any remnants of any old kexts. Sounds like you have a conflicting PS2keyboard kext.

I removed all kexts that where listed on the page. I found out that the NumLock was active. My problem now is, after every reboot the NumLock activates itself. I have to deactive it every time after reboot. This only happens with the v3 and v4 (the .zips with just one kext) o_O

:banghead: Solved.

Last edited:

More important that stating it 'solved,' is communicating to others how it was solved.

That way, if someone should land here by google search with the same issue, there is information on what the mistake was...

Yes you are right :thumbup:

That's how I solved it: I opened the content of the downloaded elan kext. Then I found the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext in the plugins folder. In the content of the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext I found the info.plist. There I had to look for "Num Lock On = True/Yes" and change it to "Num Lock On = False/No".

After reinstall kext, rebuild cache and reboot the problem was solved. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back