i5 4690K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

First of all thank you in advance for the help and the great community here in tonymacx86.

I installed my first Hackintosh with the Installation Guide and have slowly learned to fix it. Now I have noticed that the pc is handled as a iMac. I believe this setup should be a Mac Pro 5.1? Nevertheless, as I use the Clover Configurator to change the SMBIOS, I am stuck in a reboot loop and have to use the USB to boot back to the OSx.

Code:
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff0014dd6a9a): Kernel trap at 0xffffff7f96c42285, type 13=general protection...

Photo attached for more info.

First of all, does it matter which SMBIOS I have? I have been trying to google it, and can't find a clear answer? Does it mean that the processor is not functioning 100% when the right SMBIOS is not selected? I mean does the "never touch a running system" -saying work here?

Secondly, any ideas what could be the cause?

Thanks and Bests

IMG_0348.jpg

Now I have noticed that the pc is handled as a iMac. I believe this setup should be a Mac Pro 5.1? Nevertheless, as I use the Clover Configurator to change the SMBIOS, I am stuck in a reboot loop and have to use the USB to boot back to the OSx.
First of all, does it matter which SMBIOS I have? I mean does the "never touch a running system" -saying work here? Secondly, any ideas what could be the cause?

Your PC was handled as an iMac as it is the closest suiting system to your hardware. Your hardware is definitely not the same as a Mac Pro 5,1 and this is what is causing you troubles. Different ram and CPU. Your easiest solution would be to boot using the USB and change your SMBIOS back to iMac 14,2.
"Never touch a working system" or "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

any ideas what could be the cause?

It is because you used a MacPro5,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

Boot in safe mode and either change your system definition back to something appropriate or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart.

Your PC was handled as an iMac as it is the closest suiting system to your hardware. Your hardware is definitely not the same as a Mac Pro 5,1 and this is what is causing you troubles. Different ram and CPU. Your easiest solution would be to boot using the USB and change your SMBIOS back to iMac 14,2.
"Never touch a working system" or "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
P1LGRIM said:
It is because you used a MacPro5,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.
Boot in safe mode and either change your system definition back to something appropriate or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.
Restart.

Thank you wildwillow and P1LGRIMfor the answers! Then I got some false information from the wonderful world of internet. I will revert back to iMac 14.2. I also deleted the kext P1LGRIM suggested. Will this cause problems going back to iMac 14.2?

While waiting for answers, I actually got it booting (With Mac Pro 5.1) by using the guide to patch the kernel and to create a SSDT for the CPU. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandy-and-ivy-bridger/

I have another noob question: About Mac still shows the CPU as 3,5GHz. How can I check if the power management works? Do I have to change something in the bios?
I was being hasty again. I installed the Intel Power Gadget and it shows that the CPU is power stepping as it is supposed to.

Additionally, adding the SSDT-1 to clover has an interesting effect. When rebooting the first boot thru clover fails and as it does a new cycle I always reach the OSx.

As mentioned, this is my first time playing with Hackintosh and I am really keen to learning how to get the most out of the system. Already have solved the audio issues, USB3 issues, etc. with the guides.

Thanks again!

I also deleted the kext P1LGRIM suggested. Will this cause problems going back to iMac 14.2?

The AppleTyMCEDriver.kext deals with ECC RAM, it won't cause problems with iMac 14.2 sys def.

I have another noob question: About Mac still shows the CPU as 3,5GHz. How can I check if the power management works? Do I have to change something in the bios? Additionally, adding the SSDT-1 to clover has an interesting effect. When rebooting the first boot thru clover fails and as it does a new cycle I always reach the OSx.

See here for power management :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/128926-mavericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

The AppleTyMCEDriver.kext deals with ECC RAM, it won't cause problems with iMac 14.2 sys def.

See here for power management :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Thank you! I did the checks as suggested in the guide.
Power Management seems to be working? Intel Power Gadget says ok, HWMonitor not.
I also found a line in the console (This is repeating for more than one kext):
Code:
11/10/15 11:24:55,643 com.apple.kextcache[484]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 11.30.36.png

Any idea how I could solve this "1st cycle fail 2nd cycle work" boot dilemma?
This was fixed by swapping the SSDT.aml that had my HDMI Audio enable and SSDT-1.aml that had the CPU info. Having the CPU as SSDT.aml and now there is no extra boot cycles.

Nevertheless, now when I am trying to use sleep the whole system reboots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back