Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that. Must have some how detached. I’ve recreated it and reattached. I also decided to keep the card where it is.

On another note, I discovered something interesting.

In El Capitan I noticed for the card to function with my devices, I have to plug it into the power supply. Only then will the inateck pci-e 3.0 card work. If I do not plug it into the power supply, it is visible in system information as usb 3.0 hub, but it will not work with my devices. My system will, however, sleep.

For laughs, I tried booting into my windows partition and to my surprise I see the same behavior. The card is seen and useful, when plugged into power supply, but will not sleep. When unplugged, the card has the yellow error icons.

The SSDT is working as intended (you can see PCI0.PEX0.IOPP.FL11).

Make sure you test sleep without external devices plugged in.

Still showing wake reason:? Even removed usb 2.0 devices as well.

Disconnect *all* external devices, not just USB2. You might want to check BIOS options having to do with sleep/wake.

OK. Removing all devices still shows ?. Tried running

syslog |grep -i "Wake reason"

At one point Wake reason showed EHC1. So I renamed EHC1 to EH01 and that did not help. Tried changing system def from 13,1 to 14,1. That did not help. About to give it one last try.

@RehabMan - I removed power from the card. Sleep is now possible, and the card shows in system information as USB 3.0 hub. It does not recognize devices attached. Looked at the ioreg and which shows the card "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable". Not sure what that means, ioreg attached. Is this helpful?

Attachments

• Eric’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 162
OK. Removing all devices still shows ?. Tried running

syslog |grep -i "Wake reason"

At one point Wake reason showed EHC1. So I renamed EHC1 to EH01 and that did not help. Tried changing system def from 13,1 to 14,1. That did not help. About to give it one last try.

@RehabMan - I removed power from the card. Sleep is now possible, and the card shows in system information as USB 3.0 hub. It does not recognize devices attached. Looked at the ioreg and which shows the card "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable". Not sure what that means, ioreg attached. Is this helpful?

Renaming will not affect wake enablement...

You might see what kind of BIOS options you have for ASPM, wake, sleep, etc.

hello all,
my equipment:

i5-4460
Asus B85M-E R2.0
BCM94360CD

installed 10.11.4 (clover)
my usb3.0 port is working good,
but some usb2.0 port is not working,
BCM94360CD wifi is ok, BT not working(I guess the USB problem...)

I've read
[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions
done these steps:

- change _OSI to XOSI
- EHCx to EH0x
- Instal FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
- SSDT-XOSI.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
- Install USBInjectAll.kext (and added -uia_exclude_xhc)

but still not working...help me PLZ!
my IOreg and EFI below
thanks so much!!

Attachments

• yaojin’s iMac.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 146
  • EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 106
Try config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=true.

@RehabMan ,thanks so much!
But still not working. :<

Check BIOS settings. Something is failing with your EHCI#2 controller (if you look at ioreg, you'll see no drivers attached to it).

yes, I noticed that,
I check my BIOS USB Configuration

- Legacy USB Support [enabled]
- Intel xHCI Mode [Smart Auto]
- EHCI Hand-off [enabled]
- All Singel Port Control is enabled

I dont know how to fix it.
Should I reset my BIOS?

thanks!

Attachments

• yaojin’s iMac.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 147