Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a test install, the USB 3 chip in my Z68X-UD3H-B3 (Etron EJ168) does indeed seem to work natively in El Capitan !

I reenabled mine (onboard) in BIOS, and it does not show up. Anything I need to install? Did you install any kexts (possibly earlier)?

So, if I follow this below from post #1, what happens to all of the other DSDT stuff I did originally to fix USB 3.0 when I installed El Capitan? Will this effectively overwrite everything else or do I need to do something with the other DSDT.aml fixes/patches, etc.?

Rename your EHC1 to EH01 and your ECH2 to EH02 using clover dsdt patching. Using the same method i explained originally for the _OSI to XOSI patch.

Code:
Item 1:
Comment: change EHC1 to EH01
Find: <45484331>
Replace: <45483031>

Item 2:
Comment: change EHC2 to EH02
Find: <45484332>
Replace: <45483032>

This will effectively disable the Apple port injectors. Then install
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and reboot.

Hope this helps and its a bit clearer now.

Matt

It definitely helped! I had looked around at solutions for a bit, but seeing that you got yours to work without having to do so many other things inspired me to attempt it. And it worked. I did the DSDT patches and installed those two kexts and it all works beautifully.

I didn't even know anything was wrong until my keyboard stopped working when clover loaded. I had just swapped it from a USB2 port to a USB3 port that was seemingly working. My office mate came in and asked if my ports were working, then I knew it wasn't just some weirdness with my setup alone. Anyway, thank you very much! I'm glad I didn't have to make my own injector too. I didn't have time for that.

AFAIK, no solution for Renasas USB3 on 10.11.

Hi all,

Any update on this_NEC / Renesas USB 3.0 EL Capitan support. I am stuck with Z87 UD3H and Maverick.

Want seriously to update to El Capitan. Cant go without USB 3.0 at full speed since I do a lot of data transfer to external USB drives. ( Cards from different cameras to backup drive, and converted to Pro Res Movie for editing. If any possible fix please update here.

Mcity

Hi all,

Any update on this_NEC / Renesas USB 3.0 EL Capitan support. I am stuck with Z87 UD3H and Maverick.

Want seriously to update to El Capitan. Cant go without USB 3.0 at full speed since I do a lot of data transfer to external USB drives. ( Cards from different cameras to backup drive, and converted to Pro Res Movie for editing. If any possible fix please update here.

Rajiv

I simply installed a FL1100 based PCIe card (disabled NEC/Renasas in BIOS). Works OOB.

many thanks matt77303 & RehabMan, now my ports are listed correctly and also no wake & sleep problems .

I simply installed a FL1100 based PCIe card (disabled NEC/Renasas in BIOS). Works OOB.

Hi,

this is a bit difficult work around. still I tried to get one, unfortunately I couldn't find one locally, tried online also including amazon.in (I am in India) still unlucky. what to do? I am in wait and see mod.

mcity

I confirm that USB3 patch involving FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID works on my GA-Z97X-UD3H. BUT I lost sleep after that immediately. When I put my system to sleep it wakes up all by itself 2 seconds after going to sleep. If i remove those two kexts and clover patch the sleep works again, but no more usb3...

any idea what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back