Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just used your "new" simplified instructions for my GA-Z97X-UD7 TH, rebooted, updated from 10.11 to 10.11.2 through the App Store and all is well. All USB ports work.

Many thanks!

I believe the GenericUsbXHCI.kext may be working again in El Capitan Version 10.11.2 from what I have been reading. I also read there working on some fixes and compiling a newer version. I also read port restriction will no longer matter once the new version is complete, some modification with increasing the number of the IOProbeScore from 1000 to 2000 and by doing this, the Generic kext will load instead of AppleUsbXHCI.kext, and since the AppleUsbXHCI.kext will not load the port restriction kext, AppleUSBXHCIPCI will not load as well . This is the greatest news yet to say the least!!

I have seen reports the Via chips are working again but not sure about ASMedia1024? I will be trying later this afternoon.

I can't post any links just do a google search you will find the thread on this.

seems good, but any news about Renasas USB3 on 10.11.2?
want to fix this on my Asus Maximus IV extreme Rev 3.0 (P67).

Hi, Could someone help me out please. I have followed the instructions and seem to have got my mobo USB's working however the USB 3.0 are not running at 3.0 they running at 2.0. I am using a z97x-UD7- TH mobo. Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Thanks

...having the same problem with my GA Z97n WIFI MB after updating to 10.11.2. Any solutions yet? Regards from Austria! ;)

By creating a correct port injector for your system you can correct the often incorrect DSDT ports ... For more help with port injectors either read the original thread or have a look on the forums.

Thanks again Matt. Due to losing all my USB last time however, can you expand on the USB3 kext injector that you have kindly attached. I can see it contains 14 USB keys, is this actually USB 3.0 AND USB 2.0? As that would explain why I lost ALL USB last time ... just asking as you mention your injector only contains USB 3.0 but I am not sure that it actually does.

FWIW, I have now got USB3 devices connecting after ensuring I had all appropriate dsdt patches applied (which I must have failed to do previously). All are running at USB2 speed though. My USB3 PCIE card is working at USB3.0 speed though, so is my workaround for now.

Can you please point the exact post number?
I also have a GA-Z87X-D3H and cannot find a way to make USB3 to work.

I have already tried both back-panel as well on-board USB3 to no avail.

Thanks

I'm at this point as well on 10.11.1. Only need the two kexts to have all USB working correctly.

Same here!
GA-Z97M-D3H with 10.11.1 and clean installation (done with this great well known guide) showed originally 4 usb-buses and usb3 wasn't working on the 4 backside ports (only on the front panel).
Now after simply installing FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext all ports are working and systeminfo shows this USB-Tree (USB2 front, USB2 back, USB3 all):
usb-with-GA-Z97M-D3H.png

My Etron EJ168A works natively. It sat unused for years. I popped it after a clean install and it worked! It's so much faster than my the built in ports in my board.

Surely not with El Capitan? After reading your post, I reenabled my onboard Etron USB 3 controller - and it does not show up.
Cheers,
Rudolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back