Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me, all I needed were the two kexts (FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext); a restart and all seems to be working as it should.

I'm at this point as well on 10.11.1. Only need the two kexts to have all USB working correctly. GA-Z97X Gaming 7

Huge thanks to the OP, worked perfectly on my z97 board to allow USB 3.0 devices to work in USB 3.0 ports.:clap:

You guys are the beasts!

Awesome, everything working with the z97x-udh5

:headbang:

Hello all, I have mobo Z97X-UD7 TH
I'm trying to understand how to fix my USB, but not quite getting it.

I tried the fix in post #1
Item 1:
Comment: change EHC1 to EH01
Find: <45484331>
Replace: <45483031>
Item 2:
Comment: change EHC2 to EH02
Find: <45484332>
Replace: <45483032>
Then install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and reboot

this got my USB3 drive to work, but only at USB2 speed, I see it under USB2 in the system report.

trying to understand how to build a port injector is scrambling my brain, and then I read here https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/3qpptg/how_to_fix_usbs_on_10111/
"Do not use the 9 series injector for 10.11.1 onwards, as it has native 9 series support.
Does this mean that if I have a 9-series mobo (Z97-HD3) then I don't need any kexts to get USB to work? Just want to make sure before I ruin my setup?
Yea. I don't use any kexts. Just the patch to pass the 15 limit."

now even more confused, do I need to remove FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and the find/replace from clover config and just figure out how apply a patch to pass the 15 limit?
how do I know what my system even needs? I'm adding kexts and messing with clover configurator, but not really understanding what I'm doing and after reading posts for days about this still really at square 1.
any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm hoping someone has the same model mobo and can just tell me how the heck to fix this? :)

I installed USBinjectAll.kext and here's what mu ioreg looks like
View attachment Dave’s Mac Pro.ioreg

I see PR11-18 PR21-26 HP11-18 HP21-28...
most of the injectors I have seen mention HS and SSP do I need to install Yosemite just to get the proper ports?
I tried editing editing Matt's injector from post #1 and using it, but that got me nowhere, how do I start my own injector, I didn't see anything mentioning how to create the actual injector.kext file?
and how do I know what values to replace?

*edit: I just noticed HS01-14 and SSP1 on XHC... what that means, I'm not sure, researching further.

*edit again: if I use usbinjectall boot flag uia_exclude_xhc I see HSG4 and SSP1, 2, 4, 5, 6 only in XHC in ioreg.

Still have same result, one USB3 plug working on the front panel of my case and it shows up under XHC SSP2.
all the USB3 in the back connect to EH01 and work at USB2 speed.

Hi there !

I'm not sure my port are correctly recognized. Front port should be 3.0 but looks like 2.0 ... I post my ioreg so if someone can tell me if it works correctly ...

BTW, do we need to put the < > in the "find" and "replace" fields in clover configurator or just the plain numbers ? Seems that on the previous fix there was no < > so I assume you shouldn't but I prefer to ask :)

Thanks a lot

View attachment Barbatruc.ioreg

you don't want the <> brackets, just the numbers

well after messing with this for a few days I realized with the fix from post #1 of renaming EHC and adding the FakePCIId kexts I have all usb2 ports working and 3 of my usb3 ports working 1 in front and 2 in back.
I'm now realizing the 4 usb3 ports that don't work are on the renesas chip, which as far as I know there isn't currently a working driver for?
anyway, I'm done with this for now as I'm happy that at least some of the usb3 ports work, I actually didn't realize I had those 2 usb3 ports in the back working as I had my keyboard and mouse were plugged in those and I assumed they didn't work as the 4 above didn't work.
lesson learned, don't be an ass like me and assume...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back