Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Well sorry about that then.

Think I need a little individualized assistance. I followed the guide and did a "Find and Replace" of EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02, but did so through a config.plst edit rather than through a DDST.aml.

I'm using Clover's config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches to do these kind of renames all the time now. It is the easiest way and with my recent changes to Clover it is fast enough to use.

Still have a few ports which don't show up at all, and none of them are USB 3. I'm on a Maximus VII Impact, which is Intel Z97.

Based on a link you provided elsewhere, I'm guessing that means I need to make a port injector. Unfortunately I'm not really sure what that means. I've been at this for most of the day today. I'm trying to figure it out. Looks like another DSDT patch? Can you link to a handholding guide on how to go port by port on the injector?

Not another DSDT patch. A port injector is a kext that uses AppleUSBMergeNub to inject properties in ioreg. The device driver (for USB) reads these properties when it initializes.

There are examples linked from my guide...

I know you say elsewhere the easiest thing to do is to modify an existing example. I've looked at a few, but am really not sure what needs to be changed. presumably the names of the various ports "HS01" - "HS14" and "SSP1" in my case.

Names really don't matter. It is the 'port' address that matters.

And probably also the applicable system definition references?

Yes, because the kext won't match if you specify a 'model' that doesn't match the SMBIOS you're using.

Anything else? After that is it as simple as copying it into the patches portion of the DDST?

Create the kext carefully (just an Info.plist). Then install it with Kext Wizard.

First post fixed, dunno what happened there.

Ive attached the working SSDT-XOSI.aml file on the original post for people who can't make it. place it in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ folder

Matt

Sorry for the delay. I stopped receiving the thread update notifications for some reason.

I hope this is correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm99w2h1l4tmi31/System DSDT.dsl?dl=0

I could not save it as a binary because of this:

View attachment 157012

If you're just trying to rename EHCx->EH0x, patching DSDT is not the best way...

Use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches instead.

But as for your errors... patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch. Apply "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" and "Fix ADBG Error".

This worked for me!
Thank you very much for writing this!

can go back to my video editing now!

Hi,

My system freezes after the first step, just in the apple loading bar screen. In verbose mode, where the PCI Configuration begins. This could happen because I don´t have VT-d, XHCI Mode Smart, Intel Processor Graphic, XHCI Hand-Off in my BIOS? (At least I can´t see them).

Thanks.

normally if you dont see the options for VT-d and intel graphics in your bios that means your cpu doesn't support them, so they would be in effect turned off anyway.

Are you on the latest bios for your motherboard?

Matt

I'm using Clover's config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches to do these kind of renames all the time now. It is the easiest way and with my recent changes to Clover it is fast enough to use.

Not another DSDT patch. A port injector is a kext that uses AppleUSBMergeNub to inject properties in ioreg. The device driver (for USB) reads these properties when it initializes.

There are examples linked from my guide...

Names really don't matter. It is the 'port' address that matters.

Yes, because the kext won't match if you specify a 'model' that doesn't match the SMBIOS you're using.

Create the kext carefully (just an Info.plist). Then install it with Kext Wizard.

Working on my kext. I'm making good progress, probably have 80% of the ports I want working. One thing not noted in the guide in post #1, is that (I think) you have to remove the two "Fake" kexts installed prior to installing the custom injector if the initial method described above didn't work for you.

I've been able to identify which ports are which and am testing them as both HS and SSP ports. Cribbing from a few samples I've been able copy and paste my way into a mostly working injector. I don't really UNDERSTAND what I'm doing though, and that means I can't assign ports for which I can't find a sample to copy.

In the following, how would one determine what goes in the <data> field if one wanted to change the relevant port? i think that's where the magic happens as far as moving parts in the kext?

<key>SSP4</key>
<dict>
<key>UsbConnector</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>port</key>
<data>EwAAAA==</data>
</dict>

Thanks for the help again!

Ok -

So... I will admit Im a newbie at modifying a DSDT, but I figured out how to edit my DSDT using MaciASL and fix my sleep/wake issue.

If there are any others here like me having trouble... When you add the HTTP source as instructed in the first post, it populates with a list of available patches from its repository... click the purple patch icon, then scroll down simply pick those 2 patches (left side list) and apply each of them, then your DSDT will save without errors....

USB3 and sleep/wake now works. thanks to all in this thread again...

Please pardon my question to those more knowledgeable, ...

when there is an apple update to El Cap, will these settings changes in this thread likely break, or continue to work ? I assume they should hold as the DSDT patches are independent of the OS...

I imagine, ideally it is preferred not to require a patched DSDT when using clover, so I wonder if there would be a way to incorporate the sleep fix patch into a future clover update at some point if needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back