Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had something similar with the kext not loading. Trying to remember what the problem was.

Are thry hey both the same version? From memory you want 1.2

matt

On the clover boot screen press F4 on your keyboard.

Boot into OS X and mount your EFI partition.

Your DSDT will be in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ORIG folder.

Edit it and save it into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED folder as DSDT.aml

Matt

Thanks for reply!
But my origin folder is empty :/

I did some other speed tests with a USB 3.0 external HD plugged in the same port than my USB Key Datatraveler 3.0, and this time a 3,2GB file copied from the external disk in 30s. So I suppose my USB 3.0 ports are working and the culprit could be this USB Key... But it works OK in Windows 10 so...
The FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext injector is still not loaded at start, and I have the "System wakes up straight away when USB3 device plugged in" problem you pointed in your 1st post.
I did try to patch but the result is still the same, but I've noticed there are 2 versions of the patch:
USB3 _PRW(0x0D) and Rename XHC to XHC1 and USB3 _PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1
I only tried the first one for now.

Just want to chime in and say thank you, this worked for me on my XPS 8700. The ports were all working, but would not detect any USB3.0 devices, only 2.0 ones. But after following these steps, all my drives came back! Speed tests will say whether it was 100% effective or not, but having the drives come back alone was worth it.

OK, I did find an answer regarding FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext injector "not loading".
RehabMan answered today to someone with a similar problem on another forum:
"It is an injector. Injectors never show as "loaded". Look in ioreg."

So I looked in ioreg and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext appears:

Attachments

• ioreg-usb.jpg
    ioreg-usb.jpg
    834.2 KB · Views: 149
Your injector looks to me far to busy, do you really have that many ports? I've found with mine that without the injector USB2 was fine so my injector only mentions USB3 ports.

Also i noticed on your screen shot that your USB3 controller isn't an intel one its a renesas, which from what I've read is natively supported.

Also no you don't need a DSDT for this fix UNLESS you have problems with no usb ports working after waking from sleep or the system automatically waking from sleep when a usb3 device is plugged in.

Matt

I also have a Z87X-UD5H but my USB 3 ports do not work. They work as USB 2 but as soon as I plug a Hard drive in nothing happens. I'm not using any DSDT.

It's there a guide to get USB 3 working without DSDT. I also have a renesas USB 3 controller but is not working for hard drives. Can someone help me fix this?

It's there a guide out there that works for Z87X-UD5H motherboards?

Just want to chime in and say thank you, this worked for me on my XPS 8700. The ports were all working, but would not detect any USB3.0 devices, only 2.0 ones. But after following these steps, all my drives came back! Speed tests will say whether it was 100% effective or not, but having the drives come back alone was worth it.

"but after following these steps" What steps are you talking about? You look to be having the same problem that I'm with my UD5H board.

It's not just you but I think it would be helpful if everyone could point to a guide or at least say what they did to fix it. Also what kind of board they have.

"but after following these steps" What steps are you talking about? You look to be having the same problem that I'm with my UD5H board.

It's not just you but I think it would be helpful if everyone could point to a guide or at least say what they did to fix it. Also what kind of board they have.

Please add your hardware to your profile, it will help others help you, and it is part of the Rules of the site...

• Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back