Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I want to ask this should I use DSDT for this guide its necessary or not?

Cause I used this guide without DSDT but Im not sure its working? My USB looks like that;

GndAf0h.png

But mouse so lagging when I download or update my app or install anything from web mouse cursor really really been slow I can't move it when updates or downloads finished everything been normal. I can start to use mouse again.

Bluetooth and Wireless: Broadcom BCM94360CD Dual-band 2.4&5GHz AC 4 Antennas Wireless Network Card with BT4.0 for Apple
Mouse: Magic Mouse

I made USB ports new injector but Im not sure its right? I attached my files I created please can you check this all EHCI and XHC right?

Attachments

• Kext-DSDT-iOJones-Config.plist 2.zip
    340.5 KB · Views: 141
Hi,

The solution proposed in this topic worked for me, I can use now again all my USB 3 ports. There is only one wired thing that I don't know if was like this in Yosemite or is new in El Capitan, it is the SATA Intel Chipset series. In system Information it shows Intel 8 Series instead of 9 Series Chipset . My build has this motherboard GIGABYTE Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (rev. 1.1) BIOS version F8 and it should use Intel 9 not 8. Anybody could help me with this?

Thanks again for the help to fix USB 3 ports.
You can see here a print screen with USB 3.0 ports and Intel 8 Chipset series

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 09.01.59.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 09.01.59.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 09.02.53.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 09.02.53.png
    202.2 KB · Views: 183
THANK YOU!!! working for me! So happy :thumbup:

First I want to ask this should I use DSDT for this guide its necessary or not?

Cause I used this guide without DSDT but Im not sure its working? My USB looks like that;

GndAf0h.png

But mouse so lagging when I download or update my app or install anything from web mouse cursor really really been slow I can't move it when updates or downloads finished everything been normal. I can start to use mouse again.

Bluetooth and Wireless: Broadcom BCM94360CD Dual-band 2.4&5GHz AC 4 Antennas Wireless Network Card with BT4.0 for Apple
Mouse: Magic Mouse

I made USB ports new injector but Im not sure its right? I attached my files I created please can you check this all EHCI and XHC right?

Your injector looks to me far to busy, do you really have that many ports? I've found with mine that without the injector USB2 was fine so my injector only mentions USB3 ports.

Also i noticed on your screen shot that your USB3 controller isn't an intel one its a renesas, which from what I've read is natively supported.

Also no you don't need a DSDT for this fix UNLESS you have problems with no usb ports working after waking from sleep or the system automatically waking from sleep when a usb3 device is plugged in.

Matt

Thank you! FINALLY working on a Ga-Z87X-UD5H (Rev 1.0 / F9)

Your injector looks to me far to busy, do you really have that many ports? I've found with mine that without the injector USB2 was fine so my injector only mentions USB3 ports.

Also i noticed on your screen shot that your USB3 controller isn't an intel one its a renesas, which from what I've read is natively supported.

Also no you don't need a DSDT for this fix UNLESS you have problems with no usb ports working after waking from sleep or the system automatically waking from sleep when a usb3 device is plugged in.

Matt

Thanks Matt you are probably right. I turn to system default(remove fakecpdii kexts and dsdt patch from config and delete ssdt OSI) but this time all I can see 1 USB3 hub and speed 480Mb. Also when I add kexts, patch and OSI ssdt this time my case front USB2 doesn't work. Im really confused.

C7Pug84.png

try [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Renaming EHC1->EH01, EHC2->EH02 in your dsdt then install the [/FONT]OSI patch.

remember to enable screen sharing so you can access it of it goes wrong.

Matt

Thank you! FINALLY working on a Ga-Z87X-UD5H (Rev 1.0 / F9)
What guide did you use? I'm trying to get my usb 3 on my z87x-ud5h.

Hello,

The FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext isn't loading on my hack...
I have GA-Z97M-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back