Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I don't have an XWAK, I do have an SWAK.. This the same thing?

Method (SWAK, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Zero, SLPS)
Store (Zero, PS1E)
If (RTCS) {}
Else
{
Notify (PWRB, 0x02)
}
}

Not the same thing.

I would appreciate any help.

I have 1 X USB 3.0 on front of my case and this is working. My GA-Z87-HD3 has 4 X USB 3.0 on the board and these do not appear to work correctly. I plugged an external USB 3 drive into the front USB 3 and it is recognised, when I plug same drive into rear USB 3 it is not recognised, however, USB 2 devices (keyboard mouse, camera) plugged into these do work.

I followed the instructions of OP carefully and did not encounter any errors while applying the fixes but I still have the same issue. Is anyone able to help me get this sorted?

Then you need the patch for _OSI -> XOSI from the BRIX config.plist: https://github.com/RehabMan/Gigabyte-BRIX-s-DSDT-Patch (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches, first entry).

Basically in Clover Configurator you need to open your config.plist and under the ACPI section you need to add a DSDT Patch.
1. click the little + icon on the right
2. for comment put change _OSI to XOSI
3. for find* [HEX] put 5F4F5349
4. for Replace* [HEX] put 584F5349

I just re read the instructions, and I'm not sure I've done this correctly. I entered the values in Clover, but I'm not sure what I'm doing re the patch mentioned in the link. Can someone give me an idiots guide to that bit?

Edit: I think I did do it correctly, entering the values in Clover under ACPI section puts the code into my config.plist I see that now, but still not working

My MB is GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
In the specifications, there is :
Chipset:
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers
Chipset + Renesas® uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hub:
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel

Although the USB is working, it is not showing as USB 3.0 on the System Report. I am not sure about which directions to follow.

This approach (the directions in the first post) works on my setup, Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming 5, all of the USB3 ports (front and back) are reporting "Speed:Up to 5 Gb/sec".

Thanks for for your hard work.

Would you post a screenshot of your System Report/USB?

What specifically would you like to see? I have a USB 3.0 Flash Drive that shows up under the USB 3.0 Bus with a speed of "Up to 5 Gb/sec" whereas it shows up as "Up to 480 Mb/sec" when in a USB 2.0 port.

Not the same thing.

So if there is no XWAK then there is no hope? Someone else suggested it might help my sound issue but I believe XWAK is a method for the USB controller so might be pointless eh?

What specifically would you like to see? I have a USB 3.0 Flash Drive that shows up under the USB 3.0 Bus with a speed of "Up to 5 Gb/sec" whereas it shows up as "Up to 480 Mb/sec" when in a USB 2.0 port.

Thanks. Strange that it didn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back