Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan

Hi, I wonder if you can help? I am unsure if USB 3.0 is working on my GA-Z87-HD3, I attach a screenshot of the output from System Report. I attached an external hard drive which is the "USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge" entry under USB 3.0 in the report so it shows up. The thing that I am trying to clarify is with Yosemite I would see "Hi Speed" and "Super Speed Bus" in the USB device tree and I don't see them now.

Can you tell from this info alone if USB 3.0 is OK for me or would you need io reg?

I appreciate any advice, still learning and reading this thread takes me way outside my skill set!

Thanks.

View attachment 154036

In 10.11, things on XHC show under USB3, and things on EHC show under USB2.

You should test your ports to determine what is working, what is not.

So I guess it's only 2 USB3 that can be used then.

In 10.11, things on XHC show under USB3, and things on EHC show under USB2.

You should test your ports to determine what is working, what is not.

Thanks for reply. As far as I can see, all my USB ports are working. That is to say, I plug a device into any of them and it will show up in System Report.

Are there further tests I need to do? I was assuming that the absence the "Super Speed Bus" wording in system report was an issue. Am I wrong?

Awesome - this fixed my USB 3.0 on my GA-Z97X-UD7 TH - everything is now working as expected on my El Capitan hack! Thanks much!

Are there further tests I need to do? I was assuming that the absence the "Super Speed Bus" wording in system report was an issue. Am I wrong?

don't see that even on a real mac.

EUSB and USBE are the native names. Not a good idea to rename it to XHC1/XHC2.

Best to leave these names as-is so they don't conflict with names Apple uses (EHC1/EHC2/XHC1).

I have same motherboard and in 10.10.5 not finding any XHC or EHC in DSDT only EUSB and USBE with MaciASL.. where should i start next RehabMan to fix usb 2 and 3 in 10.11 i really dont know much about these dsdt patching etc btw using smbios 6.1

Find Method XWAK in your DSDT...

Code:
Method(XWAK, ...
{
   ..some code...
}

Change it:
Code:
Method(XWAK, ...
{
   Return(0)
   ..some code...
}

Hmm I don't have an XWAK, I do have an SWAK.. This the same thing?

Method (SWAK, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Zero, SLPS)
Store (Zero, PS1E)
If (RTCS) {}
Else
{
Notify (PWRB, 0x02)
}
}

I wouldn't use somebody else's dsdt, they can be different even with the same motherboard.

Matt

matt,

Yes, I know, and you are right!
But I've been trying all the things to fix my trouble with USB.
The closest that I get was your method.
But the problem with restart, (only works with a hard reset), is the only thing that is keeping me away from El Capitan.
Almost a week trying to fix, and nothing...
For now, (till a find a solution), using Yosemite...

It seem that this fix didn't work for me. I am posting the system information before and after the update.

Attachments

• 10.10.5USB.png
    10.10.5USB.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 10.11.png
    10.11.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 237
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back